Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

book train visp to zermatt?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, this is my first post so thanks in advance to any who can help me.
I'm planning to drive to Visp in Feb half term 2009 and get the train from there to Zermatt. Do I need to book or is it safe to just turn up and get a ticket on arrival. Obviously flexibility on arrival time would be helpful - i could arrive any time between 6.30 and 8.30 in the evening.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
buckyball, welcome to snowheads, there's a regular train service every hour (approximately) from 5.30am untill arround 23.30 mainly with trains at approximately 10 past each hour though there are occasional extra trains mainly at about 20 to the hour time of journey 1hour 4 mins you shouldn't need to book even in february half term although if were very busy you may wish to wait until the next train
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
buckyball wrote:
Hi, this is my first post so thanks in advance to any who can help me.
I'm planning to drive to Visp in Feb half term 2009 and get the train from there to Zermatt. Do I need to book or is it safe to just turn up and get a ticket on arrival. Obviously flexibility on arrival time would be helpful - i could arrive any time between 6.30 and 8.30 in the evening.

Buckyball,

The better option is to drive up to Tasch and park there, the train is every few minutes from there and takes 10 minutes. So booking a ticket is not needed
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
arlberg, yeah, you may as well carry on your journey to Tasch from there.
latest report
 brian
brian
... and while the parking is free at Visp, the train fare is pretty steep, 66 CHF return. Versus 15 CHF return from Tasch + 15 CHF to park the car.

http://www.mg-bahn.ch/homepage/index.php
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. Brian, is that 15 CHF for a week? - And is it necessary to book that? I was really thinking about Visp partly because I am a bit concerned about driving further up the valley in winter - are the roads likely to be clear?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
buckyball, no need to book parking or train. The roads will be clear unless it's snowing or has very recently stopped. You should have chains with you in case.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy