Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valloire New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have skied most of the major resort's in the French Alp's. So decided for a change to go to somewhere less commercial for New Year (9 days on the slopes snowHead ) Don't really want to put up with all the "Hoorays" and long lift Q's, which is why I chose this resort.

Any advice on Mountain/Resort restaurant's/Bar's please

BTW can't wait, checking the web-cam's every hour and condition's look potentially superb.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've been to Valloire twice at half term when it was busy but managed to avoid bottlenecks by means of an early start and judicious choice of pistes. No "Hoorays" - mostly French families. The locals are friendly, especially if you speak French, and it is a real community. They are very excited about their local boy Jean-Baptiste Grange who is a successful slalom skier - think he won this sesons first race too. We didn't eat out at night as my son cooked for us but enjoyed the restaurant on the Selles run for lunch - delicious food and lovely views. I gather Chez Fred is popular.

There are 2 excellent (French)websites - www.cybervalloire.com which has a weather forecast thread http://www.cybervalloire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4768&st=25&start=25 and a thread for locals to say how much snow has fallen/post photos http://www.cybervalloire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4768&st=25&start=25 .The other site is www.ski-valloire.net which has loads of info and pictures, and an interactive piste map with photos/descriptions of all the slopes http://www.ski-valloire.net/domski/rm.php If you are into detail (unlike my family who roll their eyes at me) I have translated this and done a spreadsheet of slope info - can send if you want. There are some lovely long runs which feel quite isolated e.g. Combe Orsière.

Where are you staying? There can be bottlenecks on the Verneys side. I would go back any time but for some reason we are going to Switzerland this year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AW, Stopping near the Cret De La Brive Cable Car, I had already heard Chez Fred is good and have booked a table for New Year. I've PM'd you please send me the spreadsheet, I too am into detail unlike the rest of my family.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a bloke around here called JimSearle who seems to know his Valloire onions. Hopefully he'll be along in a minute. Am off that way myself in Feb and so am encouraged by any further reports of it being relatively manageable during the French hols!

Early start and judicious (read: distant from font neige, served by the lifts) choice of runs was my strategy too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy