Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Review...Next Generation Valandry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wanted to book lessons in their clinics (two 3 hour sessions), These were fully booked weeks in advance so I booked 2 3-hour private lessons over Christmas 2004 in Valandry.

There were 3 of us of roughly similar ability, that is arround the 5ish on the S&R scale. Though I like a bit of speed, Helen liked to be cautious but liked speed when the area was clear and the visibility good, and Kate is far more stylish than either of us though lacking in confidence.

We met with Rob who was to be the coach for both days.

The first lesson was spent covering various terrain, where he looked and watched and gave little hints as we went.

He soon spotted that I put too much pressure on the front of the boot and more so on my left leg than my right! Helen lent back and turned with her hips first and Kate was skiing with her legs blocking her ability to initiate a turn and where too close together.

He gave us various exercises which over the time left us bemused as to where things were going. I wish I could remember half of them.

On the second lesson, we spent the time on a very quite slope above Valandry, where we coached individually on our less than goods...

We were surpised to find that we had already improved!

By the end of the lesson Rob had turned me from a skid turner on steeper slopes, who could carve an arc on shallow slopes, to one who can carve long, short and also fast arcs on most. I understand so much more about what my ski's are doing, what feels right, that speed is more stable if you let the ski do its job.

I wish I had time to have more lessons with New Gen.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the review. I've had several lessons with NewGen in Courchevel and I'm pleased that they they seem to be establishing a good reputation in Vallandry/Les Arcs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy