Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff / Lake Louise Snow Report - Video!

Poster: A snowHead
Reality_in_Banff, I'm here all the time Wink Weekends I Snow Host every Sunday at Sunshine and then usually dress as a normal punter on Saturdays.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Reality_in_Banff, I arrive on 4th Feb! Can't wait!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
solarfish,

How are you?

Our ski season started late as my mum and stap dad were here. Took her to Lake loiuse and they couldn't see the views out fo the window due to frost! Very very very cold that day.............

So we have fitted in 4.5 days at Kimberley (warmer in BC) and 1 day at Nakiska. C is signed up for 6 week Nakiska course as last year. Then Fernie for Family day (P might be with Dave C from here), then WEekend LL in MArch (on my company), then Fernie for school hols, then LL for easter weekend. (We have RCR pass this year)

Work colleague told me sunshine were turning people away New YEar week?

Love to O

Gryph
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
solarfish wrote:
Reality_in_Banff, I'm here all the time Wink Weekends I Snow Host every Sunday at Sunshine and then usually dress as a normal punter on Saturdays.

I'm at Sunshine Saturday... gonna try and catch up with Ralph Scurfield and chat about RFK Jr. ... if you're around maybe we can meet up?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
banfflakelouise, Reality_in_Banff, I'm off to Banff next wednesday, someone on here mentioned you can get free bus passes from some hotels? Can you give me anymore information on this service?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I ended up skipping yesterday, sounds like it was a great day but very busy. Today conditions were fantastic apart from a strong wind which slowed the gondola and so we had a long queue at the base and also caused some problems with visibilty with blowing snow up top. However there were about half the number of people there today so once up the gondola almost no lift lines at all. Lots of good skiing to be had and in particular a run called Gladerunner off Goats Eye that had piles of snow.

If anyone is at Sunshine and fancies a tour with the snowhosts then you'd be very welcome. We are only allowed to ski blue runs plus 5 of the easy blacks, but there is usually a lot of friendly banter and we do try to hit most of the lifts and point out some of the best skiing. There is no charge, tours are from 12:00 to 15:00 every day and if you're there on a Sunday you will meet yours truly! (I don't tend to answer to Solarfish in real life, but I am the only English guy hosting on a Sunday so pretty easy to find).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
solarfish, Will Look you up while Im there. Trying to fit in some ice climbing as well, don't suppose you know what the distance is between the belay stances at the Cascades?

PM message me rather than cluttering this thread.

Plus as a brit I dont suppose you know Pete Harrison who lives in your neck of the woods?

Cheers
mark
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The forecasts are predicting a rise in temperature towards the end of the week...is this normal? Is it expected to last and will it effect the snow levels?

How paranoid am I!?!?! Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smudger, I was just thinking the exact same thing - we head out on Saturday wink Can't wait, you going too I take it? snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
smudger, what a lot of people don't realise is that the town of Banff is way lower than even the base area of Sunshine ski area. Even if it does rise to 5ºC there, it'll probably - more than likely - be a fair bit colder up the mountain. To hazard a guess, i'd say that your snow is safe Very Happy

edit to add...

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sunshine/6day/mid
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Leedslips, I'm not actually going for 3 weeks yet, I was just a bit alarmed when I saw the forecast Smile

shoogly, I probably am panicking for no reason but the freezing level of 4000m worries me...surely that isn't normal for this time of year?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
smudger, no it isn't but massive temp variations in the Rockies are normal. If anything the higher temps and low winds will help consolidate a bit of an unstable snow pack.

Banff looks to be having a seriously good year so far.

The warm temps will make the bumps off the big chair at Norquay easier on your knees wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers arv.

Always good to have a bit of knowledgable insight!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
forecast I use is showing sub zero temps on Lookout Mountain for the next 7 days

http://freemeteo.com/default.asp?pid=156&la=1&gid=6059967

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cobra.., unfortunately that is the wrong Lookout Mountain wink
snow report
we found as well, even although Lake Louise is just 40 mins away, the difference in weather and temperature between the two can be pretty big... so although it may be warm(er) in banff, it may be really cold and snowing quite heavily at Lake Louise or vice versa...
snow report
Sunshine also averages pretty much double the snow of Lake Louise...
snow conditions
arv wrote:
Cobra.., unfortunately that is the wrong Lookout Mountain wink

oops - Embarassed
snow report
Rookiemark wrote:
banfflakelouise, Reality_in_Banff, I'm off to Banff next wednesday, someone on here mentioned you can get free bus passes from some hotels? Can you give me anymore information on this service?

Sorry to be so slow at getting back to you Rookiemark... ski buses are free from many hotels if you have a tri area pass... purchase thru Ski Banff-Lake Louise-Sunshine... otherwise the cost is $15 return or $10 one way.
latest report
smudger wrote:
The forecasts are predicting a rise in temperature towards the end of the week...is this normal? Is it expected to last and will it effect the snow levels?

How paranoid am I!?!?! Shocked

You'll be fine with warm temps... I've been to Sunshine and Lake Louise when it's been raining in Banff or even at the base of the Sunshine Village but snowing like crazy at the actual ski areas. Makes for great days on the mountain! snowHead
ski holidays
Reality's got a great look at snow conditions, filmed yesterday at Sunshine Ski Village in her latest Real Banff Ski Report. Follow the link to take a look at current conditions.

http://ca.youtube.com/v/YQU2_tabAU8&feature=channel_page
snow report
Our friends at BanffTV have posted a clip showing an incredible bluesky day at Lake Louise, with commentary from Robert F. Kennedy Jr, Peter Fonda, Marcia Gay Harden and lots of other celebrities attending the annual celebrity ski event. Quote from RFK Jr: "This is probably the prettiest ski area in the world". View the clip here:
http://ca.youtube.com/v/6YP1GrqEzDE
ski holidays
10 days to go snowHead snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
It was like spring skiing at Lake Louise this past weekend... I seriously worked up a sweat and got a bit of a goggle tan! Two amazing days on the mountain! Madeye-Smiley

I interviewed a very interesting couple from the UK at the resort... who's son is in the next installment of a popular movie series!
latest report
Reality's video from the RFK Jr. Celebrity Ski Event is online now at:
http://ca.youtube.com/v/9-2n6zUFTCI
snow report
Hey all... Cobra just found me on Twitter... if you would like to follow me I'm at Reality_in_Banf
latest report
We've got a great look at the Lake Louise Ice Magic Festival in the latest Real Banff Ski Report. Watch the video here:

http://ca.youtube.com/v/uE34gz8MOwg
latest report
Remember... LL isn't just about skiing....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow. That's a beautiful picture, Scarpa!
ski holidays
banfflakelouise, It was great looking over your shoulder and seeing the horse drawn sleds passing below on the lake.
snow report
I've got a load of pics of the ice sculptures as well. Beautiful area.
ski holidays
Reality's latest Ski Report has a Valentines theme for those of you interested in the romantic side of Banff and Lake Louise.

Check out the true confessions of a Cowboy at:

http://youtube.com/v/ypa7mQx8YmA

Hope you're all having a great ski season and wish you all a wonderful Valentines Day!

Cheers!
ski holidays
banfflakelouise, send my regards to The Saltlick, without doubt the finest steak that i've ever eaten.
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
banfflakelouise, send my regards to The Saltlick, without doubt the finest steak that i've ever eaten.

Great to hear... I'll pass that along next time I'm in there for a martini!
snow report
With spring like conditions this past weekend I was up at Sunshine Friday and Saturday then did some hiking on Sunday... pretty sure my goggle tan has a base starting. Cool
latest report
Here's the latest video... Family skiing in Banff National Park - Week 12
http://youtube.com/v/5MH6AWDWO_0

This weekend in Alberta is our Family Day Long Weekend... I'm heading off to Lake Louise on Saturday to capture some of the Cardboard Box Downhill Derby... I've never been to one before... iieeeeee!
snow report
Reality made it to the Cardboard Box Downhill Derby, featuring Aussies, Brits, and lots of locals in home-made cardboard snowcraft. No injuries reported, though you'll see from the video that there were lots of mishaps as they tried to make their way down the hill.

Video here:

http://youtube.com/v/8FXEuX6BK9c
ski holidays
SUNSHINE 26cm/24hrs powder, LAKE LOUISE 11cm/24hrs powder, NORQUAY 20cm/24hrs powder.

There will be a whole lotta "WOOHOO"s out there today!
snow conditions
Reality's got a look at Spa treatments in Banff National Park on this week's Real Banff Ski Report. Watch the video here:

http://youtube.com/v/eK3bwqYz-Lk
ski holidays
Reality_in_Banff, woo-hoo from out here as well, we're due to come out to Sunshine next Wednesday. Leave some powder for us Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy