Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montsoleil Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning all,

I am after some insider info on the new Intrawest Montsoleil apartments in Flaine.

I know the GM well and have booked these for March, i know they are creating a new green piste and lift behind the accommodation for SISO my question is about access on foot.

I have driven past the site last year but you dont get a feel for distance in the car, so my question is how easy is it to access on foot, how long to walk? I am thinking as Flaine is car free getting bits of shopping might be a pain and also the evening beer or two.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as my better half is nagging me thinking she will be stuck in with our three year old.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ianbradders, There is a free bus service linking Flaine Foret (bars, supermarket etc) with the Intrawest building, and it also goes beyond up to the Hameau for a change of scene, this also has a bar and small shop.

Not actually that far to walk from the Ascenceur in Foret up to Intrawest, probably 10-15 minutes ish?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ianbradders, It's about a 10 minute walk to Flaine Foret, 15 minutes to the bottom of the Grands Vans chair. It's all on road (going out the front of the development) so should be clear of snow most of the time. I have been told by Intrawest (I own an apartment in the block) that there will be a delivery service available from the local patisserie and possibly by Sherpa (the local 'supermarket'), but my guess is that there will be a delivery charge involved. It's downhill on the way there so if you stop off after the lifts have closed it's uphill to get back with skis and boots. However, it's not very steep.

norris, Is the bus service going to run into the evening? And when does it start running in the morning?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Mason, thanks, looking on the new piste map compared to last year i guess the new lift is gerats and there are 2 blue pistes, aigue marine and opale and a green malachite.

Is this the case? How do those blues look? from my recollection of that side of the valley it is a steep side. Im considering if my six year old will manage it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Mason, not to sure on that one. Our apartment is in Foret so don't need in the evening wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy