Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gloves!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I suffer from bad circulation in my hands

So need a glove that is basically really really warm have had rosignol mits for the last 3 years which were fine with a under glove need replacing this year as going skiing in Jan normally go alittle later.

Just wondered if anyone knows of any really really warm gloves for under £60 really

Ive looked at the black diamond theres a couple for around that price range

the rab latok

outdoor design ultimate inferno glove

so really any reviews I think im swayed towards the outdoor design glove

Cheers in advance Andy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have these and can testify to them keeping me warm whatever, even with a small rip in them they are warm, i think spending £60+ you should find a few different ones that will work.

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdSrch.cgi/@cSki%20Gloves@bHestra
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
geeo wrote:
I have these and can testify to them keeping me warm whatever, even with a small rip in them they are warm, i think spending £60+ you should find a few different ones that will work.

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdSrch.cgi/@cSki%20Gloves@bHestra

Hestra get my vote too!

Now on my second pair and my hands have always been warm and toasty. Managed to pick up a pair of the Hestra Army gloves when I was kicking my heels browsing around EB. They were in the bargain bin (last year's that hadn't sold) with 25% off - so under £50. A real result Very Happy

If you get the leather ones, suggest you get some of the balm they make so that you can 'feed' the leather. It's only £5 online http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/467-Hestra-Leatherbalm/. And it lasts a long time as you only use a smidge. And before someone asks, yes it is the Ray Mears off the telly!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aslo try a number on, a good fit is probably just as important for warmth, especially with bad circulation as you don't want airpockets at the tips of your fingers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
aw-hicks, I agree with Sleipnir, I have a pair of the hestra army gloves and they are brilliant. Mine have a removable liner, as in the spring they are too hot. You do need the balm to keep them supple, and it does make the leather go a little darker.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
aw-hicks,

Have you tried wearing silk inner gloves and/or using disposable hand warmers in your gloves?

The warmth in your gloves comes from your hands and gloves should stop the heat escaping. However with poor circulation are your hands generating enough heat within your gloves?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yeah i already have some i am gettng swayed by the hestra heli glove looks good too,

but i think theres an ellis bringham in bristol so think would be wise to pop over and try them on.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the Hestras are $60 online in certain sizes and colours from the states...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

I have the outdoor design ultimate inferno glove,They are very good,I got mine from a guy on e-bay thats sells loads of outdoor design's gear (uk and genuine gear) steve51450 you could try him and see if he has any still. Think I paid about £30 for mine.

Regards Mark
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
aw-hicks, if your hands are that cold, i would recommend gloves with heating system. they are not THAT expensive, and will surely keep you warm. i personally dont care about my hands, as they never freeze. got my gloves (Head) for 15$ on a sale Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
aw-hicks,

Fess refers to heated gloves. I don't know what they are like but there are some for motor cyclists, I think they have a rechargeable battery in the cuff. Also Maplin (Electronics) used to sell heated gloves.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yes, here is an example i found for you in 9.23 sec:
http://shop2.aol.ca/shop/product--catId_1002502__locale_en__productId_3149080.html . they are on rechargble battery. cheap too
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
aw-hicks,

Generally speaking I believe mitts are warmer that gloves because your fingers are all together.

Maplin Electronics are selling electrically heated gloves, I checked earlier today.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
welshflyer, you are right about mitts, but as I believe gloves are more comfy and more practical. lets see what aw-hicks thinks
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi all,

Ive gone for the outdoor designs ultra flex inferno glove, fits all the requirements so hope all is well the glove is below

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_426&products_id=2316

I was lucky for once as I have small hands I managed to pick up some from prolitegear.com I guess they were reduced as the only have small in black avaliable not the best colour but on this one performance has to beat asethetics

I paid $39.95 and $20.35 postage so I think all in all a bargain about £41

Cheers for the advice fellow snow heads bring on a non cold hand week in Chamonix(Early Jan)
ski holidays
I've got a pair of Gordini Fuse, the warmest gloves I've ever had. Saw them in the Helly Hansen outlet in Bicester for £50 a week or so back, temped to pick up a spare pair myself for when mine go. My mates borrow them when we are in lifts to warm their hands up!
snow conditions
I've just invested in a pair of the Hestra army ones after good reviews on here:

£70+ is more than I've ever spent on gloves in my life but I'm sure I'll appreciate the investment!

My problem's always been that my gloves were never breathable enough, and I ended up with soaking wet gloves on the inside every day. I'm hoping these will solve the problem. I'd better get some of that balm though..
ski holidays
Another vote for the Hestra army gauntlets.
Also use the Black Diamond guide gloves.
Both feature removable liners and both are supremely warm
snow conditions
Just out of curiosity (to those above who reccommend particular gloves), what sort of temperatures have you worn them in?

Joe Smile
ski holidays
i'd guess -15 or so.

i dont usually bother with the liners in the Hestras in less cold weather.
had them about 10 years and they still wont fall to pieces.

was given the guide gloves, i imagine they are even warmer, they have a much thicker liner.
ski holidays
TangoFiver, -37 in banff,and -30 in finland. In finland hestra seemed to dominate in the shops (where i got my newest pair from) You have to wear them to break them in as they can be a bit stiff Embarassed at first.
ski holidays
carroz wrote:
TangoFiver, -37 in banff,and -30 in finland. In finland hestra seemed to dominate in the shops (where i got my newest pair from) You have to wear them to break them in as they can be a bit stiff Embarassed at first.

-37c? Shocked Strewth!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy