Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Ski's/ Now brought!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I like skiing prob
55% Mtn
30% making my own tracks
15% Park

requirements from my sig you can see how lightweight i am and not too tall so need a shorter ski I feel

I want a twin tip so i can mess with a bit of switch

I have only ever owned salomons before this.

I have listed a few ski's

Scott Mission 169

K2 PE 164

K2 Silencers (ive heard there a bit soft)

Rossi S3 (169)

Dynastar Trouble (165)

Just to chuck the salomon dumonts in there for a bit of variation?

So what do you all suggest if anything else i should consider let me know cheers

Thank in advance Andy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 7-12-08 15:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be worth adding the 169 Icelantic Pilgrim to you list. Good on piste with turn radius of 17m and good edge hold, slightly softer in the tail for the park and at 90mm underfoot for good float in the pow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Movement Karmasutra
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spikey what are these like how do they come in price rance?

i was looking more towards the Dynastar Trouble Makers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm no expert - but I hear nothing but good things about the K2 PE ....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
aw-hicks wrote:
spikey what are these like how do they come in price rance?

i was looking more towards the Dynastar Trouble Makers

some info here

http://www.noblecustom.co.uk/fall%20line%20movement%20tests.pdf

http://www.citizenski.com/skis/movement-kamasutra-skis-2009.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the Karmasutra from the review seems too much like a only park ski DB i want the best all mtn ski

I think im narrowing it down to the K2 PE or The Dynastar Trouble Maker does anyone have experiences on these skis or the others i listed above ?

Chweers Andy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Andy, skiied the Pilgrim and Kamasutra last season, theyre but some of the strongest all mountain skis available, IMO the Kamasutra is way better than the TM's in most conditions, its deffinately not just a park ski!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paul will they be right for my type of skiing as posted earlier im a strong intermediate with a few double diamond blacks under my belt in breckenridge but im no way advanced.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thats up to you mate! if you're looking for an all-mountain ski i personally would be looking for something around the 90mm mark but that varies according to your style, im sure they'll be someone on here saying buying fats is cheating! both the kamasutra and pilgrim are in the stiffer range of twins but still nothing compared to some piste skis so i wouldnt worry about that too much, they both turn (the pilgrims in particular have a really nice sidecut for carving) and grip really well on anything short of blue ice, theyve both got a touch of individuality about them, every mother and their goat are on PE's in resort (the p-tex topsheet tends to be a weak spot for the PE's aswell, sorted on the new extreme though)...have you guessed i rate them both yet!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Andy,

After chatting to the doc, it seems that the kamasutra's are the way forward...I have a pair, and can't wait to test them out. I was worried about the reviews saying they were a park ski, but the doc (after skiing them for a season) re-assured me otherwise.Go for them mate.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What about line prophet 90's ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah prophet 90s or if you got the cash the 4frt msps... Scott punishers as an option instead of the missions if you want TT.. and Extreems this years PEs. Are the Trouble Makers a bit more parky...though probably depends if this years or lasts as they sem to have chopped and changed the trouble family a bit
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry to butt in on this thread but i am looking at new skis but is their a web site or independant mag that looks at the all the skis avaiable and gives detailed and test info so i can look at what would be right for me?

I dont really want to go with the makers info is it is not going to be very independant.

Cheer
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ntfarmer, Fall Line mag
ski holidays
Fergus wrote:
ntfarmer, Fall Line mag

Will get hold and have a look Thanks
ski holidays
Yeah youre right ntfarmer, the makers info isnt the most independant! But then neither is most uk publications who base some of their ski reviews on who advertise with them the most....FACT! When I'm interested in skis then defo try to actually get on a pair or speak to someone who's spent a long time on them, forums like snowheads and TGR are great places to start, there's also great sites like exotic-skis, and ski review, finally take a good, balanced and certainly cycnical look at the mags but sooooo much is dependant on individual style, weight and ability it's almost a bloody minefield out there!!
latest report
Thanks doc

That the problem i find with the thread on SH and not getting as much time on the white stuff as i would like.

CEM gave me a rec of the apache recon last year but i have got nothing to compare them with and i read earler that they have been super seeded.

Lets hope their are some test going on when out in france.
latest report
ben123 is selling some pretty much brand new 4FRNT MSP's on here which would be a great ski.

Trouble Maker is really a park ski, definitely not big enough for anything not groomed-well not really.
latest report
barthez where did you buy your kamasutras from?

Doc - from what ive said and my height and weight what do you think an ideal length ski will be for me?

Cheers Andy
ski holidays
aw-hicks. i got them off ebay......they are last seasons.
ski holidays
Hi all,

just to say thanks for your advice

I went for the 4FRNT MSP's in the end hope they serve me well will try and do a review when i get back from Chamonix

Cheers Andy
snow conditions
aw-hicks, did Ben drop em off today?
ski holidays
yes mate, It was just a case of checking the binding adjustment to see they were centered in the rear and not to either of the extremes, as he has 327mm sole and im 320mm so ive been fiddling for the last 30 mins and loos like the will fit my boots fine,ive pushed the rear mech as far up as it will go and all the way back and it looks like the sal bindings have an adjustment factor of at least 30mm.

just looking forward to getting on them now. ARV whats skis are you on?
ski holidays
aw-hicks, Nordica Hotrods, Armada ARV's, Vist Superfront Twos and soon the be Whitedot Preachers... seeing as you asked wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy