Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all PARADISKI bound

Poster: A snowHead
Montalbert Dec 27 to Jan 3
Montalbert again (hopefully) March 7 to 15

looking forward to meeting any other Giller wearers! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be down the valley in Aime and skiing on 7 February for one day only but still hoping to do the challenge - if anyone fancies doing it with me that day, it might be quite useful as I might need a few hints on directions! I'm looking forward to the gillet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
olster wrote:
I'll be down the valley in Aime and skiing on 7 February for one day only but still hoping to do the challenge - if anyone fancies doing it with me that day, it might be quite useful as I might need a few hints on directions! I'm looking forward to the gillet.

Olster - I'm around, drop me a pm nearer the time...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm in Arc1800 from the 18th Jan until the 29th, can't wait.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arc 1950 from 7 to 14 March. snowHead

rob@rar, Fancy a beer sometime that week?

I'll also be in Arc 1950 in July for a spot of sunshine, walking and kamikaze downhill mountain biking.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll be in La Plagne in the week of the 7th!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We'll be Arc 1800 from 7th - 14th Feb
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barthez1980 wrote:
I'll be in La Plagne in the week of the 7th!

Of which month?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett,

Quote:

Olster - I'm around, drop me a pm nearer the time...

Thanks, will do.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peisey - 7th - 14th March snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi guys. Lots of people going out to La Plagne and Les Arcs at various times of the season, but difficult to group together who's going when.
Anyone know if its possible to start an open Google Calendar to let us all enter when we are there, and make it easier to see all the other snowheads there on any particular date?

I'm at La Plagne Dec 21 - Dec 28 and April 6 - 19. And possibly some other occasional days along the way.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dec 13th to May sometime.. Little Angel
Jacked job in for a few months. Marvellous timing - My decision has obviously caused the whole economy to collapse so hope I can get another job when I get back Twisted Evil
Meeting up with others would be great.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim wrote:
Hi guys. Lots of people going out to La Plagne and Les Arcs at various times of the season, but difficult to group together who's going when.
Anyone know if its possible to start an open Google Calendar to let us all enter when we are there, and make it easier to see all the other snowheads there on any particular date?

I'm at La Plagne Dec 21 - Dec 28 and April 6 - 19. And possibly some other occasional days along the way.

Interesting idea - have set an account up and a google calendar to have a play.

Login is snowheads@edludlow.co.uk
password is lotsofsnow

www.google.com/calendar - log in and have a play.

Chances are it will get spammed having put the details here, but worth a shot. Happy to build and host a custom made calendar if people would like - will make it a bit more secure.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jayne durham, the only time (some time in the Dark Ages) that I gave up my job to go skiing, I returned to a recession. Luckily, my employers gave me my old job back!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jayne durham wrote:
Dec 13th to May sometime.. Little Angel
Jacked job in for a few months. Marvellous timing - My decision has obviously caused the whole economy to collapse so hope I can get another job when I get back Twisted Evil
Meeting up with others would be great.

Great decision and am sure you will have a fab season. We are thinking of taking a sabatical next season and 5 months off to do exactly the same. Can't "jack" the job in as my own company but can certainly take time out for a season.
snow conditions
Arc 2000 28th Dec to 4th Jan Very Happy
snow conditions
Sabatical sounds good Mouth. Go for it! Hurtle - who knows what the future holds eh? But to be honest I was thinking it was time to move on ... so that was part of the spur to do the deed. Ed - will have a look at your calendar. Seem to be loadsa people out. Razz
snow report
Arcs 1950 March 14-28th
ski holidays
Ed Ludlow, thanks for that. I've added my dates.
snow report
I was hoping to book to La Plagne from the www.la-plagne.com website this week as there is still some pretty good deals with a lift pss included. I will be wanting to drive there. Any tips?
latest report
Dougie, Great area, great skiing...
Quote:
Any tips?

Book?
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
Quote:
Any tips?

Book?

Good answer. I should have explained myself better Embarassed I have never driven to such a high altitude before and also neveer been to La Plagne. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on parking facilities / charges, conditions for driving, etc. The pictures suggest heavy snow so obviously snow chains but what are the roads like up to the resort? Are they well manged? Any tips (apart from booking it rolling eyes )?
ski holidays
Dougie wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
Quote:
Any tips?

Book?

Good answer. I should have explained myself better Embarassed I have never driven to such a high altitude before and also neveer been to La Plagne. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on parking facilities / charges, conditions for driving, etc. The pictures suggest heavy snow so obviously snow chains but what are the roads like up to the resort? Are they well manged? Any tips (apart from booking it rolling eyes )?

Dougie

Loads of threads on here.

Have a look at: http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28639

and http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1083477&highlight=driving+alps#1083477

and http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1062789&highlight=driving+alps#1062789

and http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1083705&highlight=driving+alps#1083705

and http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1078278&highlight=driving+alps#1078278

and http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1068530&highlight=driving+alps#1068530

Generally the drive can be summed up as dull - Reims, Dijon, Lyon, all dull boring motorway thrashing. Then the scenary gets better as you go upto to Chambery, Albertville, Moutiers, Bourg-st maurice. Just before bourg you will find a place called Aime, turn off their for La Plagne (signed posted) . Unless you are in montchavin/les coches in which case the turn off is at landry

You may need snowchains (see threads) - if there's snow on the road and it's a weekend then there's a good chance that les flics will be sitting at the bottom of the hill and stopping you from going up without chains.

In terms of parking then yes there's a lot of it. But depending on which bit of LP you're in it may be chargeable - in Belle Plagne definitely (all underground) but I think there used to be free parking near 1800, so if you can be bothered you can save a few quid by dropping the car off (after got skis/pass etc) and skiing back. If you're in a chalet they might have some parking...
ski holidays
Cheers for that BB, Lots of light reading to keep me going.
ski holidays
Anyone else checked the snow today, its looking good. I have just filled in the diary, great idea well done Ed Ludlow, looks like there will be quite a few snowheads out this winter. I am in the area most of the winter when not trying out other resorts. Anyone want to meet up PM me or post here or on Les Arcs snow reports.
latest report
Quote:

Chances are it will get spammed having put the details here, but worth a shot. Happy to build and host a custom made calendar if people would like - will make it a bit more secure.

You could maybe change the password after a week or two and get people to PM you for it. Another tip, you might want to change the default reminders unless you particularly want to be emailed every time someone goes of to Paradiski. wink
ski holidays
Peisey, Christmas week.

If you see two frazzled parents trying to keep up with a 7yo racer, then that's probably us! Somehow it's our first time in Paradiski, and first time with a "mainstream" operator: going with Esprit, as they can keep the 2yo entertained whilst we ski Toofy Grin
snow conditions
olster, was going to reset the password in a week or so, and if people want to add then, they can PM me. Gives everyone who wants to chance to sign up without having to PM me. As for the reminders, don't worry, the email address used points straight into the black hole! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Come on everyone still loads of people not added to the calender. It's easy honest Laughing
ski holidays
jmdohanlon- Of which month?

that'll be march 7th...
snow conditions
For those in the know....there is a group of us going out to La Plagne on 10 Jan for a week. My mate has just informed me that he is coming home for Christmas and wants to join us mid week for a few days skiing. He will most likely fly into Grenoble on the Wednesday, what are his transfer options? does anyone know of someone who may be already doing that run and can squeeze my mate in, is there a public bus?
thanks
snow report
12th-17th Jan. On my honeymoon!
ski holidays
NatalieG, wow congratulations! Where are you staying? Which part of the area?
ski holidays
thanks Mouth! staying in arc 1950. very excited!
snow report
NatalieG, congratulations - you'll love it.

andyjc, Your friend will have a job if self transporting! But there is a Europcar (I think) in BSM and friends of mine have done one-way drop-offs before now, from Geneva airport. So thats a possible - Then train/ taxi / Martins Autobus to la Plagne.

Other option is possibly taxi (? bus?) into Grenoble (about 42km) then train via Albertville -> BsM and the right stop... whose name escapes me!
ski holidays
andyjc, train or bus from airport to Bourg or Aime direct then taxi or local bus up the mountain. Just depends on the time he arrives in the valley. Tell him to check the airport web sites for links to train/bus/taxi web sites. Not very hard to arrange, but takes a bit of time.
ski holidays
Ed Ludlow,

I've logged in, and can see your two calendars ( snowheads and skiing) but can't see any entries! Do I need to do anything special? - all the other google stuff I've got running, igoogle, mail, sites, docs etc. all work fine - I just can't find anything anyone else has entered on this calendar!
ski holidays
La Plagne 13th-20th December Very Happy
With a day in Les Arc planned sometime that week Toofy Grin snowHead

P.S Did you all know that it's snowing rather a lot out there at the moment? Laughing
latest report
JimW, me too
snow conditions
Linds, how about skiing down to montalbert and meeting up?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy