Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Delirium Dive

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone skiied this and is it really as hard as it made out by the Banff publicity machine? I haven't been to Sunshine in years but am going back this winter and keen to have a go. I know about the transceiver, etc requirements but wanted some advice on the best place to drop in and easiest lines down.

Also took a look at pics of Silver City but there's no way I'm going near that.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=12892
http://uk.youtube.com/v/LAoeAjxa-Js
http://uk.youtube.com/v/uCwOesXM4_w&feature=related

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 26-11-08 15:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://uk.youtube.com/v/vqiSRQzRLd0&feature=related this is a cool video you should take some time to look at...

There is also a POV vid of a guy from TGR I can't find right now...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alternatively go to the Horse for a day.. a lot of the in bounds terrain is unreal, no shovel probe etc required...

http://uk.youtube.com/v/bB8cv6uUqp4&feature=related
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tommy4681, Glad you posted this as I have been eying it up for my trip out there in Jan/feb.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just watched the Vids, hmm, doesn't look to bad, but I s'pose all will be revealed once I see it on the stark light of day!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mark handford, I would make a trip to Kicking Horse... more than worth the journey and they run trips from Banff for $80 or something... More than worth it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
didn't ski it when we were there as we didn't have the equipment, but having had a look at it, i'd say it's no worse than some of the stuff you can ski at Lake Louise without all of the kit. Depends what line you take down it though. Some BIIIIIG lines there. Some more mellow - but still steep at the top - stuff too.

Next time i'm there, i'll get more orgainised and ski it. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shoogly, for ref you can rent the "big3" from Mountain Magic in town...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Reading other stuff on the Dive it appears that hiking along the ridge a bit gives you an easier entry and line into the bowl. May be best for a first try.

Pretty useful
http://www.skinet.com/travel/2008-10/anatomy-line-sunshine-villlages-delirium-dive

arv, Going to be scooting around Alberta/ BC for three weeks or so, so will check out Kicking Horse too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly wrote:
didn't ski it when we were there as we didn't have the equipment, but having had a look at it, i'd say it's no worse than some of the stuff you can ski at Lake Louise without all of the kit.

I haven't tried it, because I didn't (and still don't) have the ability to ski anything remotely gnarly off-piste.

But what you say doesn't surprise me at all, given that my experience generally was that runs as Sunshine were mainly over-graded relative to those at LL (i.e. what would be a blue at LL would be single black at least at Sunshine).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I spent a season in Banff some years ago, I never once went to Sunshine Embarassed as I just realy like LL and the backbowls. This year I will make a point of trying all 3 areas, I too heard whilst I was out there that Sunshine grades were pushing it a bit compared to the rest of the area.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mark handford, Laughing , Sunshine is probably my least favourite of the three.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Obviously it totally depends on your experience, confidence and ability but with those provisios.... as long as the snow is soft it's been a great run in my experience. Getting in and started is the trickiest bit, as is often the case, but by no means the worst thing I've come across in Canada Smile
snow report
Goats eye at Sunshine is ace Very Happy with just as good skiing - especially down to the left from the top of the lift (can't remember what it's called). Some brilliant tree skiing there too Very Happy
snow report
shoogly, Skiers left is Farside, Renegade etc, immediate left is Cleveage between the 2 big ass rocks. Hells Kitchen is my favourite run on Goatseye, before Sunshine Coast bends onto the cat track just keep going straight ahead!
snow conditions
Rock Ledges off Teepee in Sunshine is great fun, probably my favourite - bouncing down into the trees. Star Trek is pretty damn good too. Hell's Kitchen ate my bases. Bad snow year, I guess.

LL was terrible snow & visibility when I was there, so spent most of the time hunting powder at Sunshine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy