Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What length of skii's should I consider, also suggestions on suitable skiis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've boarded for years now, took up sking so that I could annoy the wife last year and now I actually quite enjoy it (skiing that is).
I'm around 5'9", weigh just under 12 stone and don't have a clue as to what ski length is suitable, I've learnt on 150's (too short) then 160's. Skill wise, I'm happy on blues, parallel (ish) turns etc. I'm looking for some fun all mountain skiis, I'm no racer, ideally something for piste and a little off piste but the reality is if there is POW then I'll be back on my board. Any suggestions? Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
175 ish long and around 75-80 mm wide waist should do the trick. Dozens of AM skis around fitting that bill.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ac505, If you're mainly going to use them on piste then Look at Nordica Hot Rod range which are available in 170 and should be good for your height and skiing ability. They were ski of the year a couple of years back from Fall Line and still get a good review, perfect for all piste conditions

If you really are only parallel-ish on blues then probably the Overdrives will be fine allthough I have the Eliminators which will serve you longer as you improve.

IMHO the XBS binding system really does work and will help you to progress,

http://www.nordica.com/site/home.php?site=12&lang=1
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Piste skis should be about chin to nose height with a 65-70mm waist and a turn radius of no more than about 15m. If you might be tempted to ski a little powder off the edge of the piste then you want to get a ski that is about eye level to forehead height and go for a wider waist (about 75-80mm).

I've been skiing some Rossi Bandit B2's for the last few years and they perform really well on and off piste. I've carved a red run on them and clocked over 50kmph; and last year used the same skis on a heli-ski trip in Canada. Performed brilliantly on both occasions.

I'm getting some new all mountain "Prior Original" skis this year from Whistler with an AT binding set up, so the B2's will be resigned to my piste only/bad conditions pair. I would def recommend you consider the new Rossi Bandit SC80's (80mm waist) as these are the nearest version to the old B2. A great all-rounder, especially off piste with the increased waist.

I tried the Movement Yaka Jams last week and thought they were pretty good too.

Hope this helps Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Performed brilliantly on both occasions.

and the skis didn't hold me back.... wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, alright... the ski's performed brilliantly. All i can say about myself is i was having a lot of fun on both occasions Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy