Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nike ACG gear

Poster: A snowHead
Massively keen to get this Nike ACG number in blue but not at EB prices.

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code_in=305702&transid=&SQLCodeLink=AND~~(prod_cats.category~=~'Snowsports~Clothing~-~Men\'s'~and~prod_cats.prod_code~=~product.prod_code)~AND~PROD_MAN~=~'Nike~ACG'~AND~PROD_SPECIAL_FLAG~=~'0'~AND~PROD_NODISP~!=~1,pageLimit=0&mode=user&config=&rowsFound=7&srchType=

Any ideas where I can get this cheaper? US sites are fine too.

Also does anyone already own this jacket and have an opinion on it?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tommy4681,

Be careful buying any stuff from outside the Euro Union. HM Government will probably sting you for Import Duty and VAT.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tommy4681,

I should have said try ebay. It only takes a few mouse clicks and key strokes of effort. Alternatively google search.

Your last comment gives the impression you haven't seen the Jacket. I suggest you see it first in real life. All gear looks great in the photos but can be disappointing in reality.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welshflyer, thanks for the suggestions.

Spending the winter in the US/ Canada so will have it shipped there if necessary. Already ordered something from the house website this season and got massively hit by the import tax so not making that mistake again.

Tried ebay and google but not much came up.

Have seen the jacket but wanted an idea as to durability, warmth, etc. that you can't really get a feel of in the shop.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My ACG is rated '3' and its too warm to board in, except on the most bitterly cold days.

Technically, they are up there with the very best but choose one with a cooler rating than mine if you want to use it for the whole season. I really like ACG gear.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got a blue ACG jackets also rated 3 but I don't find it to warm to board it at all..

actually I'm pretty happy with it, and it seems to have lasted well...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What does rated "3" mean? Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I tried that jacket on last weekend, and its sweet fits really well, its a shell so being to warm shouldn't be an issue, I've got the GTX pants and they're really good..

probably find it at TKMaxx next year
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly wrote:

I think its like a TOG rating.

Must admit, its always been quite warm on the slopes since I bought mine. January on Flegere and Feb on Bellecote might be a bit of a test for it Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shoogly wrote:

"3" is between "2" & "4" in warmth terms - a very useful description rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LOL Laughing

I guess it means too hot for some but not for others.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tommy4681, I have spare promotional voucher for 10% off at Eliis Brig stores if you want it, PM me I'll post it to you. Spare one that came with Fall Line magazine, valid to 31/12.

If you're buying on-line there's a promotional code too for 10% off: '0809CATS'. I haven't tried it. Although EB's delivery isn't free, IIRC.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tommy4681, Vouchers and discounts aside, with cash in hand they will listen to offers if you speak to the right person
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That looks very similar to the jacket that I got last year in TK Maxx.

Performance wise, very good, but a bit heavier than the HH jacket it replaced.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tommy4681,

Why don't you pop into EB to see and feel the jacket?

Reading between the lines it sounds as though it is only an outer shell with no thermal insulation. The reason I believe that is the jacket has a mesh lining.

I think brochures should be clearer and jackets should be given a Tog rating like my duvet.

Ssnowman has a point TK Maxx have been selling last years ACG Jackets but I didn't like the style I bought a Quksilver Goretex Jacket in TK Maxx for £100. You can be lucky with TK Maxx they get stuff in every week so one week rubbish next week great stuff.
latest report
papasmurf wrote:
I tried that jacket on last weekend, and its sweet fits really well, its a shell so being to warm shouldn't be an issue, I've got the GTX pants and they're really good..

probably find it at TKMaxx next year

Actually - it - or something v similar v Goretex Perf - was in TKMax (Brent Cross) abouta month ago. Don`t know if it`s still there. It was on sale for £119. Why not check ?
ski holidays
shoogly wrote:

I believe it relates to the number of layers.A basic jacket has a waterproof outer,and a breathable inner...so 2.Add an inner fleece(either fixed or removable)and it becomes 3.This is purely observation based....whilst checking out some ACG stuff at TKmax last week.If you look at a jacket with a removable inner,you will find 3 on the fleece...and 2 on the jacket behind it.No1 son bought himself a rather fetching ACG jacket for £69 and,even better,a cracking pair of soft feel Goretex,Quicksilver pants for £50.Saw the exact same item at the recent NEC show...and they were 4 times the price Shocked
ski holidays
Cheers all, especially to johnnyrotten for the discount code. Think EB has free postage on orders till Dec.

Looking for a shell as already have an insulated jacket so should fit the bill well. Any suggestions for similar (cheaper) shells?

Living in Paris at the mo so unfortunately TK Maxx is out the window. Ski stuff really isn't cheap here!
snow report
One thing though - I found the arms quite short.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy