Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morillon/ Grand Massif

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hola people, need some guidance on a couple of things:

Firstly, what's the best way to get from Geneva airport to Morillon without a car?

And secondly, has anyone got any good tips for off piste action in Morillon and the Grand Massif generally?

Cheers.
latest report
 brian
brian
Tommy4681 wrote:
Hola people, need some guidance on a couple of things:

Firstly, what's the best way to get from Geneva airport to Morillon without a car?

And secondly, has anyone got any good tips for off piste action in Morillon and the Grand Massif generally?

Cheers.

www.altibus.com to get there.

Top tip - stay out of the cracks in the limestone Skullie
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
get a guide and enjoy the amazing early winter snow - I am not sure if skifrance.fr has it right but they are saying 360cm at Flaine !!!!!!!!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks brian and ineedsnow.

Any tips for guides?

Looking at the webcams the grand massif as a whole looks pretty well covered. Not surprised- it's absolutely freezing here in France at the mo.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Flaine website says 80cm at top 40cm in town, updated today.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tommy4681, Hire a car! Seriously though - there are many companies that do transfers, how many of you are there? If only a couple it may be expensive, if you get 4-6+ the price obviously comes down. We usually drive or hire a car. The drive from Geneva is one of the easiest transfers to a ski resort (i.e. not much of the windey lane stuff). Off piste a-plenty in the Grand Massif if you know where to go, the Gers area if open is good. Guiding highly recommened, especially so in Flaine... if you ever saw Flaine minus the snow you would always think twice before going offpiste, the area is renowned for crevasses and there are many accidents each year from those that do not heed this warning. Morillon is great when the weather is bad because it has extensive tree cover. Samoens has more steeps and moguls if they are your thing. Make sure you discover Les Carroz if the snow is good, the rocky patches appear in LC before anywhere else. Enjoy the Grand Massif, it's a great ski area, and if you buy a week lift pass, most years it includes a free day in the Portes Du Soleil (Les Get/Morzine is about 30 mins drive from Morillon if the weather is OK). For better restaurants in the evening - head to Sameons!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also - if open, "Cascades" from the top of Flaine 17km down to the valley floor in Sixt is a must (a bus ride back - so an ideal "end of day" type run... bu dont leave it too late as the bus gets busy! For a couple of hours fun, the skiing at Sixt is OK, but not often open... another one to do if it is, as you might not get another chance!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevo_the_saddler, great stuff. Thanks so much for that. Thinking a car may be the best option, especially if we want to head over to the portes du soleil.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hire from Swiss side of GVA (it will have winter tyres and snow chains included usually). Driving is 1 hour using Autoroute (J18 signed for Cluses, Samoens, Les Gets and Taninges), once off motorway it is about 15-20 mins. Highly unlikely that you will need chains during your hols (and lets face it - if you do that only means good snow!). I usually use Budget/Alamo (the queues are smaller than Hertz!). Have fun!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gsb wrote:
The Flaine website says 80cm at top 40cm in town, updated today.

I think it's more now............. we left Saturday morning to come to the UK for our wedding, and thought about chains on the XTrail

Ever since friends (b'stards) have been sending me their snaps;

And this was just above the Mollets chair!!

I say friends but since they've been sending this they're more acquaintances................................

I say acquaintances but since they've been sending this they're more "people I once met in a bar"
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BTW - I bet you dont bother with PDS - the Grand Massif is perfectly adequate for a weeks skiing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looking good, going on 18th Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy