Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This week ....

Poster: A snowHead
Has been as dry as the sole on Ghandi's flipfop !

Where's the excited new purchases or wants, banter, sarcasm and general snowboarding good humour gone ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DebbiDoesSnow, It's on the skiing threads.... Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Has been as dry as the sole on Ghandi's flipfop !

I wouldn't worry abut it too much, it's probably only the first stage of the menopause. Have you tried ski yoghurt?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DB, Thanks for the suggestion but that might give me skiing inclanations Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DebbiDoesSnow,

You're absolutely right....This has to be put to rights!!!

So I literally just this minute ordered new bindings! Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought a new jacket
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler, oo oooo which ones .... spill .. and how you gonna get those past the missus ? you have used the 'friend' excuse on the jacket , the goggles get the 'broken in situ' excuse.. ?

Jagerbull, you sound so excited by that admission Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think I'm going to buy myself a new board (and label it as "...from Santa") but I really don't know what to get!!

I could get a new version of my existing Stephild Sick Freestyle, a board I love to bits but is a bit battered – that's £125 – or could get onto my mate at K2/Ride who'll do me a deal on a 08/09 Ride Society. WQhatever I do the missus will skin me alive when i know I've spent cash when we're ont he brink of the chimney falling through the bahroom ceiling!! Smile

Other than that I'm pretty happy with all my gear. Got some sweet SCOTT pants the other day from The Maxx but those aside, don't think I actually NEED anythig new...

On a diferent note, anyone going to the Santa Cruz Rookie night at Tamworth on the 29th? Sounds like a good laugh and there's the chance to win loads of stuff, including a trips to the Brits for the best unsigned rookie
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DebbiDoesSnow,

Embarassed I know , this is getting ridiculous...
For the goggles, my parents and in laws are always short of ideas so I am going to leave (large, unmissable, not subtle at all) hints and take the risk of not buying them myself..
For the bindings..not sure, probably won't say anything, which is a tad risky as they have got white in them, instead of all black for the current ones. she won't see the difference in bindings but might pick up on the colour change...)
It's SP Fastec Bindings...£80's a bargain and I wanted easy in/out bindings..

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Haven't you lot heard? Shopping is sooooooo yesterday. rolling eyes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/it-was-our-national-pastime-ndash-but-now-shopping-is-just-so-over-1026305.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specialman wrote:
don't think I actually NEED anythig new...

what's it got to do with anything? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kruisler, they look sweet... for a sub-standard FLOW rip-off Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Actually, they are quite nice. The SP stuff really does look the business these days
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler, looking good ! now only just under 2 months to use the puppies Cool

Specialman, The Ride society is calling you wink

Lizzard, PAH ! that doesn't apply to snowboarding stuff !! I am just cutting back on my food purchases and my clothes are loving it, all that stuff I can now fit into again Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman,

Toofy Grin Laughing

I have mates with flows and mates with Cinchs..... Hopefully I can beat them all off the lift! Laughing

As a side, I bought them from snowboard-clearance.com. Their website said they did not have my size but after enquiring it turns out the site was incorrect..Worth contacting them if you want something on their website which supposedly unavailable...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DebbiDoesSnow, I'm not over excited as I bought it to wear in the UK on rainy days.
It might make an appearance on the slopes - we'll see.
I still love my Burton Stagger jacket I bought last year.
snow conditions
So, just to be anti recession ! what can I buy ? I need the thrill of wanting and searching looking for the best deal of said essential purchase!
I already have 4x board pants, 3x jackets, 3x goggles, 2x helmets, 2x gloves, 2x wheelie board bags but only 1 board & bindings which I love and don't want to replace yet. I just can't think of anything other than some stomp studs Puzzled
latest report
I spent £10 on car parking yesterday, how's that for recession busting?
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow,

Could the boots do with a refresh?

otherwise get going organising your March trip! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, you need to get rid of some stuff on eBay and spend the cash on something sensible. Going boarding, perhaps? Laughing
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, how about another jacket? - can never have too many.
ski holidays
Lizzard, unfortunately all my trousers have rips on the bottom so thats a no go, one of the jackets has chewing gum (not mine Evil or Very Mad ) and i like the other 2 and the helmets match those 2. Always handy to have a spare pair of goggles & gloves so that leaves nowt to sell Sad

Kruisler, my boots are comfy like slippers, and they are in good condition and as that was a trauma to sort I am not going there again in a hurry.

Jagerbull, I think my OH will blow a gasket if i get another one, mind you he did by a 3rd one recently

I have decided that I need some diamond studs for my board to match my goggles & my new diamond studded belt... i think that may be a tall order tho !
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, get into servicing your own board - suddenly you can buy: board clamps... a work bench... an iron with no holes in... an ergonomically-shaped edging tool... wax for every conceivable temperature of snow... six brushes, all with bristles of differing stiffness... files galore... assorted scouring, buffing and finishing pads... there's no end to the stuff they'll sell ya!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 20-11-08 13:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
snojito,

great idea!

She's already the handyman of the household anyway... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Guys, my OH calls me sturdy girl and I have my own tools but I really need to draw the line somewhere and keep some elements of my femine side. I will leave the scouring and buffing to the men in the shop (don't want to break my newly french manicured nails now do I?) Laughing
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, Laughing
latest report
Quote:

i like the other 2 and the helmets match those 2

Pathetic. Laughing

Consider that for the cost of three pairs of trousers, two jackets, a helmet and a wheely bag you could have had a whole extra week on the snow. Are you a boarder or a coat hanger?
latest report
Lizzard, nah ... they were all bargains, I could pay for a lift pass & a couple of crossaints out of it maybe but not a holiday .... don't try and guilt trip me woman !!!! Twisted Evil
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, they must have been cheap then, 3 pairs of trousers from TK Maxx will be a minimum of £90 alone.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow, and the answer is ...................... a coat hanger. rolling eyes
snow report
So DebbiDoesSnow and myself are major components in the ski industry support structure....

Keeping someone's job alive is something to be proud of! Toofy Grin
snow report
Kruisler, mobs of Chinese children are eternally grateful to you, no doubt. Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard,
and don't forget the indians ones, as well as the cambodians, vietnamese, thai etc...

Embarassed
snow conditions
See, I knew there was justification for all my purchases ! It just took a guy to think of a valid excuse. Laughing

We have put food on someones table, I can sleep well tonite
latest report
This thread has had a proufoundly bad effect on me - one Virgin credit card just applied for!!!Smile

Actually, it's to carry over a balance transfer from my camera but I'm sure (if it gets accepted) there may be the odd bit of snow gear added to it under the 0% deal!!! Smile

What the f*** have I done?....
ski holidays
Quote:

What the f*** have I done?....

The same stupid thing everyone else has been doing for the past decade - probably far too late to worry about it now. Laughing
latest report
I'll just think of it as prolongng the debt....
latest report
Specialman, well tbh if you get it for the transfer then you've done something fairly sensible.
snow conditions
Specialman, You now just need to offset the sensible with the some bloody recklessness Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Swirly, I thought so. Man, that's the first good idea I've had for ages!! Smile

DebbiDoesSnow, that may be right. A mate has just popped into my office with about £10K of Nikon camera gear and has given me a few ideas.... Smile
snow conditions
Specialman, 10k ... that might be a bit more reckless than i was hinting at Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy