Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets Ski Hire/ Lift Passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Firstly,
Some of our group wish to hire equipment for our stay in Les Gets in January.

I have found the Ski Set website, and discovered that they have two shops in resort, and found that you can book equipment in advance , online, saving approx 40 euros pp/pw

Secondly,
The matter of Lift Passes,.. again, can be prebooked online, giving a 10% discount.

Has anyone ever used these services? Are they reliable and is it worthwile?

Any comments/ help would be greatly appreciated..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boardstupid, where are you staying? I got a discount at Michaud Sports (one of the SkiSet places) when they asked which chalet I was staying at (the 1st time - I was in their computer for subsequent trips and got the same discount). Good friendly service there too. 40pp/pw seems like a good discount though. Doubt I paid more than 60-70 in total for ski rental (Silver or Gold... whichever is 1 below the best).

Not sure about lift passes, since the Chalet owners arranged them for us.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy,
We are staying at chalet yesopes..
Blimey 60-70 is cheap!! The website shows average ski/ board hire at 170, but with online discount inc. handling fee 1 euro, and theft/ breakage insurance 12 euro, coming in at 132 euro!!! Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boardstupid, we regurarly use two services in Les Gets, depending on how large our group is at the time. When we have a large group, we actually use an English ski company based in Morzine, but the beauty of this is that they deliver all the equipment to your chalet and fit it there at a time of your choice - no waiting around in shops and especially great if you have kids who can't sit still! All orders are done online with simple form filling.

The obvious downside of this service is that if you have a problem, you have to give them a call and wait for them to turn up to rectify it - which apparently they do very quickly - however, no one has ever had a problem in all the times we have used them so we have not been able to check this out! They also collect from you when you have finished so no queues and hanging around at the end of the holiday either! Useful if that sort of service suits you.

http://www.allmountainrental.com/index.htm

If we have a smaller group, we just turn up and use the closest shop to us which is Vermont at the bottom of the Chavannes road - never a problem there and discounts for regulars. Berthet Sports in the centre are also good, but busy at times.

We always book our ski passes online direct with Sagets http://www.sagets.fr/v2/index.pl?ln=en

It's easy and we arrange to pick them up at the Maison Des Gets - the main tourist centre - as we drive past on the way to our chalet. Takes 5 mins to pick up (assuming they are not at lunch!) and you automatically get the magnetic card that you never have to take out of your pocket at the lifts. The discount for the Morzine/LesGets pass is worthwhile, but if you want the full PDS pass then I don't think that there is any special early booking discount - we still order online anyway.

Hope that helps
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy