Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Here is Les Menuires and Val Thorens 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
123_456, It was lovely to meet you on Friday and put a face to your name Very Happy As Liam says, a brilliant thread. If you're not moving up to Val T for the next week we look forward to your posts again next season snowHead Enjoy your summer Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been an inspiring thread - thank you once again.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
123_456, just wanted to echo the others. Your pictures are amazing and thanks for taking the time and trouble to post one each day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
123_456, good to meet you on Friday evening. I will be looking forward to next year's offerings.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monday, 27-4-2009

Fog, totally clouded and continuing snowfall. The rain/snow limit layed this morning on 2000 meters and came down in the afternoon to 1700 meters. Everything is white again and it looks like a real winter.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tuesday, 28-4-2009

Today was the first day of the Dutchweek with reasonable weather. In the clouds, above and below the clouds skiing with a lot of extra power was possible on a fresh layer of 30 cm of springtype snow. At 2000 meter almost all new snow was melted away at the end of the day. The temperature at 3000 meter was around freezingpoint.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been a superb thread to look at again this season.

Thank you 123_456!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wednesday, 29-4-2009

It was snowing during the whole day. The temperature is a few degrees lower than yesterday. At 3000 meter the temperature during the day was 5 degrees below zero and will go down to -10 during the night. With the clouds, fog and snowfall the visibility was very poor on the pistes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
123_456, was the Etele chair (in photo) working through the latter part of the season? It was very croaky when I was there in February but seems always to have ferme on the opening list of lifts.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevew wrote:
123_456, was the Etele chair (in photo) working through the latter part of the season? It was very croaky when I was there in February but seems always to have ferme on the opening list of lifts.

The Etele was closed on February, 28th for ever. This lift will be replaced during summer 2009 by a new 6-person chairlift starting from Les Bruyères to Becca Snowpark.

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
123_456, That'll mean there's no access to the Etele black and other bits around their - shame - they were trying to start on the diesel motor when we were there early February and it didn't sound healthy, but it was an old and not very utilised lift - thanks for the info.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thursday, 30-4-2009

From 10 o'clock this morning the remaining clouds disappeared and it became a sunny day. In the valleys the clouds remained. Val Thorens and the Dutchweek guests could enjoy the sun and the good snow on all the pistes.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Friday, 1-5-2009

The Dutchweek comes to an end. Tomorrow most of the Dutch people will depart direction North. During the last week about 90% of the skiers/boaders in Val Thorens came from The Netherlands.

The weather was beautifull with a clear blue sky during most of the day. In the second part of the afternoon large cumulus clouds came up and the sun disappeared sometimes for a few minutes. The pistes are still good. A little hard in the morning and at lower altitude soft in the afternoon.

Only Saturday and Sunday and then the season 2008/2009 will be over.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saturday, 2-5-2009

Most of the Dutchmen are departed and it is very quiet on the pistes.
The piste were good and the weather was sunny with some clouds.
At 3000 meter the temperature was 3 degrees above zero and at 2000 meter 9 degrees.
The weatherforecast for tomorrow, the last day of the season, is not so good.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
123_456, just wanted to say thank for a season's worth of amazing pictures, I hope you can do the same next season!!
ski holidays
Sunday, 3-5-2009

The season 2008/2009 is over.

Untill noon the weather was beautifull, just like the days before. The rest of the day there were a lot of clouds and the sun was hardly present. The temperature was a few degrees higher and the pistes at higher altitude were soft. Sometimes there were some raindrops and at higher altitude some hail. It was very quiet on the pistes and at the end of the day there was nobody anymore. Everywhere they started with cleaning and clearing.

During 154 days I have tried to give you daily direct information from the 3-Vallées and especially from Val Thorens and Les Menuires. With more than 2800 pictures I hope you have had a good impression of every day of the season. On my daily posts I received more than 100.000 clicks. Moreover I saw that more than 250.000 times a picture at Flickr has been viewed.
Many thanks for your attention, especially those who have reacted on my posts. Within a few days I will be back in the Netherlands and then I will publish a short review of the season 2008/2009. There after it will be quiet, untill the next season 2009/2010 that will start within 6 months.

snow report
Thank you again for your wonderful pictures.
ski holidays
123_456, Your photos were amazing. Thank you. Very Happy

Can you help with some camera related advice? Most of my attempts result on overexposed, underexposed images. Is there a particular skiing \ snow friendly camera that you can recommend? Are there particular settings that may improve my picture quality? I probably wont get the framing that your expert eye gives but any advice that could improve my pathetic attempt would be appreciated.
ski holidays
123_456 wrote:
.....During 154 days I have tried to give you daily direct information from the 3-Vallées and especially from Val Thorens and Les Menuires. ....

Many thanks.
ski holidays
[quote= The season 2008/2009 is over. /quote]

thanks to you 123_456 the season was/has been kept alive by all of your wonderful pictures, i can only hope you had a great time taking them whilst you were there.

happy summertime for you until next time...... snowHead
snow report
a short review of 2008/2009

see :
http://youtube.com/v/BCjHcu5AXAc
ski holidays
123_456, you have a great talent in photography, you seem to have the photo-journalists knack of making the mundane seem extraordinary and the extraordinary sing!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy