Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Here is Les Menuires and Val Thorens 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
Thursday, 12-3-2009

A very nice sunny day !!! Above 2500 meter a strong wind made the conditions unpleasant. Sometimes the sun was tempered by high thin clouds. The pistes are excellent and the temperature was a litlle less than the day before.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Friday, 13-3-2009

Again a very nice and sunny day. Just like yesterday strong winds above 2600 meters. The piste are still in a good condition despite the high temperature. During the night the temperature dropped a few degrees below zero.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saturday, 14-3-2009

The hottest day of the season upto now. The first of the day it was sunny, but very soon some high clouds from the north appeared.
In the second part of the afternoon the sun was nearly covered by thin clouds. At hte end of the day it became colder. The snow was present in all kind from ice to soup. But in general the conditions were average/good to ski everywhere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sunday, 15-3-2009

A warm and sunny day. At the end of the afternoon it became colder and large clouds hang on the summits. Above 2700 meter skiing was hardly possible due to the dense fog.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monday, 16-3-2009

Just like the days before this was also a sunny day. The temperature are not too high and there was a light wind from the north.
The pistes above 2000 meters are in a good condition. There is enough snow to continue these conditions for some time. During the night the temperature drops below zero and this is good for the a long lifetime of the snowlayer.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tuesday, 17-3-2009

The weather is unchanged : sunny and warm. The temperature is above average for the month of March.
The snow above 2000 meters is still good. The pistes in Val Thorens are in a good shape.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where in VT can I watch the rugger on 21 Mar pls? Apologies for being on the wrong thread but I cannot find the right one. Also I have a group of 6 around 40 yr old arriving on 21/3, maybe you can help me find the best places to be. Cheers.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frog and Roastbeef, or the Shamrock, I would suggest.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
123_456, what fantatic photos, the quality is superb. What camera are you using? I presume it's not small enough to slip into your pocket wink
I'm also arriving in VT on Saturday and these pics have made me sooooooooooo excited Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wednesday, 18-3-2009

The past day was warm and sunny. The higher north-oriented slopes have good snowconditions. Friday it will be colder and during the day the zero-degree level will go down to 1200 meters. New snow is not expected very soon.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rookie Headette wrote:
123_456, what fantatic photos, the quality is superb. What camera are you using? I presume it's not small enough to slip into your pocket wink
I'm also arriving in VT on Saturday and these pics have made me sooooooooooo excited Little Angel

go to flickr and you can see the camera type that slips easly in everybodies pocket

have a nice time in VT!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
123_456, I went to flickr via your signature link and got to loads of your albums (yet more really fab pics btw) but can't find any ref to the type of camera you're using. Any chance you could just name it for me here as I'm in the market for a new one and the quality of yours seems second to none!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just checked for you and its a Panasonic DMC - TZ3
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry off topic, can anyone tell me where to watch the rugger on 21 March in VT? I accept all flames that will be coming my way for intruding on this thread, but the first person that sends me to the right thread, or the right bar, will earn my thanks. And a beer if they're in said bar.
Cheers all
Barry
And a big thankyou to 123_456 who has made the buildup to our holiday so much more exciting!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Barry Manilow, try the Frog & Roastbeef.
snow conditions
Or the Shamrock if you want to watch with sound, which the Frog is unlikely to have on.
ski holidays
Excellent, thanks guys.
snow report
monotokpoint, Thanks for taking the trouble. Can't believe it, so ironic because when my Dad wanted a new camera last autumn, I did a pile of research and bought him that very model!! No wonder he was pleased Smile
ski holidays
Thursday, 19-3-2009

Again a day with a lot of sun, but colder due to the wind.
The pistes are hard. This is not pleasant for skiing, but good for the lifetime of the pistes.
At the end of the day some small clouds appeared. This is the first sign of a short period with bad weather.
latest report
Friday, 20-3-2009

It seems that the winter has returned. It is freezing and in the afternoon there were some small snowshowers.
In the morning it was sunny and in the afternoon big clouds came down. Val Thorens was completely covered was clouds, but Les Menuires had some sun between the clouds. At the end of the afternoon most clouds disappeared. The strong wind that was predicted did not come. The pistes stay under the current conditions hard with icepatches everywhere.
ski holidays
Saturday, 21-3-2009

The first spring day was very sunny. The temperature did not give an impression of the spring. It was cold with a light breeze. During the day and as well during the night the temperature is below zero. It is a big difference with the days before when temperature was more than 10 degrees higher.

According to the local meteo this winter was cold but not exceptional. The average temperature was 1 degree lower than the average of the past winters in the last 30 years.
snow report
Sunday, 22-3-2009

The second day of the spring was as beautifull as the first one. A lot of sun, less wind and a pleasant temperature. The condition of the pistes is not much changed. Everywhere there is sufficient snow.
There are no patches without snow. Most of the pistes above 2000 meter have hard packed snow. To go off-piste is hardly possible.
snow conditions
Monday, 23-3-2009

Today we had sometimes clouds. During midday the sun disappeared several times behind the clouds and there was some more wind. The past week was very beautifull and if the forecast is right this week will be not so good. The coming days will give snow and lower temperatures.
ski holidays
i hope so, im arriving on saturday! thanks for the regular updates 123_456 Smile
snow report
Tuesday, 24-3-2009

At the end of the past night the snowing started again. With a strong and sometimes stormy wind the light snowfall continued the whole day. To be outside on the piste was less favourable. In total 20 cm of fresh snow has been fallen. Due to the strong winds the snows lays everywhere. On some places there is nothing and on others half a meter. The blue pistes are soft again. The lifts to the summits were closed and so the connection with Val Thorens. During the second part of the afternoon there were some short sunny spells and the sun radiated along big grey clouds.
snow report
Wednesday, 25-3-2009

The visibility was very bad. To fully enjoy the lovely fresh snow was not possible. Only early in the morning there were some sunny spells.
The rest of the day was grey with low hanging clouds and sometimes light snowfall.
latest report
Thursday, 26-3-2009

By surprise it was a beautifull day. One of the best days of the season with fresh snow, less people, no wind and a perfect blue sky.
Last night there was some snowfall. On all pistes from Val Thorens to Courchevel fresh snow. Also off-piste good conditions with 20 cm snow. At the end of the day some clouds were coming.
snow conditions
Friday, 27-3-2009

This day was quite different from yesterday. In the morning a lot of clouds and bad visibility. In the afternoon strong winds. Last night the temperature did not go down under freezingpoint. During the day the the high temprature had a bad effect on the snow quality and the thickness of the snowlayer. Under the 2200 meter there was a lot of soup.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saturday, 28-3-2009

Snow, wet snow, fog and sometimes strong winds. Rain/snow boundary 1700 meters, zero degree level at 2300 meter.
snow conditions
Sunday, 29-3-2009

In the last 24 hours there is fallen about 10 cm of snow. Also to-day it was snowing a little bit. This day was very foggy with a sight of 10 to 20 meters. At 16.30 on the top of Péclet the sun was visible during a short period. Between 2000 and 2500 meters the temperature varies around 0 degrees.
ski holidays
Monday, 30-3-2009

To-day we had three weathertypes.

Clouded and grey below 2200 meter. Fog between 2200 and 2400 meters. Sunny with a moderate wind above 2400 meters.
The whole day there was a cloudlayer between 2200 and 2400 meter. The sight from above upon the "sea of clouds" was magnificient. The piste above 2200 meters are good. The springtype snow is a little bit wet.
snow conditions
123_456, wow! So beautiful.
latest report
Tuesday, 31-3-2009

A beautifull and warm springday with a lot of sunshine. During the day the blue sky changed. From the south some thin high clouds caused a decrease of the sunshine. At the end of the afternoon some big clouds appeared. The snow on the higher slopes is still good. Below 2000 meter and mainly during the end of the afternoon there was a lot of soup.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 1-04-09 19:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Wednesday, 1-4-2009

To-day it was sometimes sunny and sometimes cloudy. The temperature is above freezing point. The snowlayer is suffering from the high temperatures. But as long is not raining hot water the snow wil stand.
To-day it was possible to make testruns with wooden skis of the brand Tardy. A nice layered wooden ski that accelerates fast and turns smoothly. It looks quite old-fashioned with the woodenstructure. All different models have the same price : 400 euro. For more see : http://www.skis-bois-tardy.com/
snow report
Thursday, 2-4-2009

The weather changed today from time to time. In general it was cloudy with lovely sunny breaks. But nevertheless the clouds came down from the south and brought precipitation in the form of snow. Above the 2500 meters it had snowed the previous night. There a new topping of snow of some centimetres. The feeling of fresh snow, especially outside the pistes was entirely back again. The pistes under the 2500 meters become less and less good, but with adapted technique you can come still everywhere.
snow conditions
Friday, 3-4-2009

A nice blue sky with big clouds. The temperature was a little less high then yesterday. The pistes on the high slopes are still good. On the lower slopes during the day the snow changed into "soup".
This morning on the path under the draglift Montelauver a snowscooter got fire. At the end of the afternoon a group belgian youngsters went down in swimsuits and bikinis from the Plein Sud. A lot of attention and great fun.
snow report
123_456, absolutely brilliant posts, cant believe i've not see your postings b4 now, hope your having a gr8 time, pics are brill too Very Happy
ski holidays
summertime in Val Thorens

latest report
Saturday, 4-4-2009

Warm and sunny and a sky with big clouds. Very quite on the pistes because it was Saterday. Next week will be more crowded due to the Easter holidays.
ski holidays
Interesting pics from today. Guess we gotto take the good with the bad!!!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy