Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wengen or les gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey folks#
ive never been to either- options are Wengen for MSB (3rd week
March), or Les Gets (3rd week Feb). Looked at snow records, and they are both a bit dodgy for the relevant dates. currently im a good condition red run girl, but planning improvement on December week. Latter seems to be a love hate review split, but have dirt cheap SC offer. Not many write up s of Wengen. ANy knowledgeable advice out there? ta Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bitoffluff, never been to Wengen but know Les Gets well. I would opt for first only because if I had a choice would avoid French school hols in Feb. Re snow in Les Gets, have skied there late Dec, early Jan, late Jan, early, mid & late March and April up to second week. Only problem was late 06 when snow was poor in many places and we missed one day's skiing snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bitoffluff, I agree with Lou. Les Gets will be pretty crowded then, and although it's a nice place, the scenery in Wengen has to be a winner and the MSB should be great.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bitoffluff, Wengen has 10 times the atmosphere and 100 times the scenary and tradition, but if you just want lots of red-run cruising then Les Gets is very suitable - should be a LOT cheaper.

3rd week in March is not too late - that's a better time to go than in Feb with all the screaming kids although at the MSB the company will obviously be rather vocal too! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bitoffluff, The wengen/Jungfrau region thread is one of the biggest of the forum.... has to mean something... (It has a few quite fanatic fans...)

If you join the MSB, you'll almost certainly have a great time, and the resort won't be crowded.
3rth Week of feb is crowded in any major resort. I'd opt out of that if I had the choise.

Snowwise Wengen has been good the last couple of years during this week (MSB in the dodgy 2006 season was dumped on bigtime)

red 27, Axsman/Judy Garland won't be there, dunno how skisimon will act without him Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bitoffluff, I have had a weeks holiday in Jan in Les Gets and have worked a couple of half terms in Jungfrau. The dates you have will either have probably better snow but busy pistes in Les Gets or stunning scenery but possibly not as good snow in Wengen. Both resorts have available a large amount of skiing but what they both have in common is that it takes time to access different areas. IMHO a beer being overlooked by The Eiger is hard to beat. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dunk wrote:
IMHO a beer being overlooked by The Eiger is hard to beat. Very Happy

Quite so! A man after my own heart! snowHead Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cheers guys and girls. maybe i should see my bank manager and do both - credit crunch cannae last forever eh?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy