Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Scrambler Hot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Opinions plse. I'm a pretty tidy and confident on piste carver. My current Streetracer 800's carve like hot knives, but hate pow and don't hold too well on ice.

Are the Monster iM70's any good or too narrow waisted?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 23-11-08 18:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had these as hire skis a few years ago in Whistler. They're alright, but not very memorable. I remember they were a bit floppy at high speed. In short there are much better skis around. My Head IM82s are a lot better in every respect, particularly carving and ploughing through crud.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Downhilldan, i agree with uktrailmonster, also found them flappy at speed

as well as the head monster 82s already mentioned i tired the monster 88s on the glacier at tignes a couple of months ago and they were very nice skis and at 88mm should be ok in the pow as well Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So what do we reckon is the serious all mountain ski that wont muck-up my hardcore showing off carving Laughing

Are the Monster iM70's any good or too narrow waisted?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iM82s are a great allrounder. I've also got a pair of iM72s which are more relaxing to ski on-piste and better in the bumps. But ultimately the iM82s are a better choice overall if you're a reasonably strong skier. Both work in powder, but the 82s float better. I would imagine the iM88s would be better again off-piste, but more of a compromise on-piste.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Downhilldan, I ski on a pair of Salomon Scrambler Customs, I think they are pretty good all round ski, good on piste even when theres crud or ice and wide enough to cope with the powder. I have freeride plus bindings mounted just behind the centre point as Im more into back country and a bit of touring.

On the carving side of things Ive found them pretty good, my previous skis were true carvers, Atomic Beta carve 9.18, but swapping from those to a more off-piste and wider ski wasnt difficult and I dont miss ripping it up at high speed on the piste as the back country is much more fun, for me anyway. Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy