Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Still snowing, and getting colder. Resort filling up this afternoon - busier than I've seen it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still snowing.... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any news on the other two valleys Alastair ? What height is it snowing down to ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
will there be any left in Meribel end of March?!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
helenjane, you need one of these!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PG, if you've got any going spare, any chance of me getting one ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone in resort who can update on conditions? - I'll be in Meribel on Saturday Very Happy
Reports and forecast look good, but local knowledge always appreciated wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timberwolf, it's been snowing across the three valleys and cover is good at all levels - someone I know skied down to St Bon the other day.

After a few days of sunshine here, it's snowing again. Everywhere I've skied recently has been in good/excellent condition - but I'm not the person to ask about off-piste.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This time yesterday I was spotting chamois from the Saulire lift in Meribel...and it was snowing. A bit late for people already there, but there is plenty of good snow, though the best conditions are in the Bellville valley. Lower down the powder scrapes off the icy artificial base quite quickly. I was Knee deep in untouched powder yesterday. It's a pity I'm not good enough to know what to do with it!

I would feel confident of good condiitions for the next few weeks. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
VT - great! Ski 'Chrisitne' it was sublime snowHead
Motteret - Good up high but an ice rink on the last bit back into
the resort - saw a couple of very painful looking
accidents.
Meribel - Good high up, not as bad as motterat on the lower
part, but not great. Mauduit was terrifying sheet ice
virtually the whole length was convinced I was going
to break a leg!
Courchevel - Great! pretty much spot on all over
La Tania - not bad at all a bit of ice in parts
St Martin Debellville + higher sections of Les Menuires - very nice but beginning to see some exposed stuff on
the main runs in places (not much though).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bump...............
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just as it was beginning to need a snow top-up - it's snowing again! Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Much warmer yesterday, but most of the slopes holding up very well. Wonderful sunshine and skiing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm arriving in Courchevel on Saturday for three days - what do you reckon?

Will it still be decent snow and sunshine? I've heard that the temps will be above freezing but as long as the ice patches stay to a minimum I'll be happy. Unlikely to go off-piste (prob all tracked out anyway) as will be on my own for some periods, so it will be blasting and larking around on the piste for me. Will prob stick to Courchevel unless the snow is significantly better in the other valleys.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tony Lane, I haven't been over to Courchevel for a few days but I'll try to report later in the week.... Both VT and Meribel were OK yesterday, but I'm in the UK today. There was a little fresh snow overnight last night, which won't have done any harm.
snow report
cheers Alastair.
snow conditions
Glad to hear that Meribel is surviving - I will be there this weekend! Any snow forecast in the next week at all?
latest report
Was in Courchevel on Friday 11th there was plenty of snow then and I can't imagine that conditions will have altered that much there was plenty of snow depth even down to the lower reaches. Considering how low the temperature has been and what I've been used to in previous years I'd imagine you'll have a super time.
snow conditions
magicrichard, there is a possibility of some snow next week according to: http://hat-enterprises.dnsalias.com/avalanchetalk/main/report/snowReport.do?resort=threevalleys

stevew, i don't doubt I'll have a good time whatever!
snow conditions
Hi there...so I shouldn't worry about the snow for the 1st week in April then? :?:
latest report
Tony Lane, I went overe to Courchevel 1650 today and the pistes were fine. All the pistes are a bit slushy in the afternoon but that's not really surprising. Have a great time and don't forget the sun lotion!

More snow forecast for Tuesday/Wednesday in VT.
latest report
Great! Looking fwd to it. Hope Meribel gets a bit more of the white stuff before I go!
snow report
Alastair, my board bag is sitting behind me now, much to the annoyance of my colleagues! Sun lotion, short sleeve base layers and dark lens goggles are all packed!
snow conditions
A great 3 days of spring boarding - almost too hot at times and it was certainly slushy if you picked the wrong runs.

The slush only became unavoidable on Monday and unfortunately big bare patches appeared on the tops of most of the bumps off Verdons -so not only did you have to worry about landing your jump/trick, you also had to make sure that you missed the mud/grass/gravel.

On the whole, the soft snow was bearable but i wouldn't have wanted to have been there a few days later.

But the good news is that it felt as if a new weather front was moving in. Is is certainly cloudy there today and they might have had some rain showers, but I am sure that the season has some more snow in it.
ski holidays
Anyone coming this way might like to bring an umbrella Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
What's the forecast Alastair? rumours it may get colder with snow above 2000m over the weekend????
ski holidays
I've seen a long range forecast that has temps staying constant until next Tuesday, dropping by a couple of degrees next Wednesday night - but hardly a cold snap...
snow conditions
PG, Permanently Gloomy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gregh, hopefully the freezing level will drop slightly which will result in snow at resort level in VT at the weekend. As PG says, this will hardly qualify as a cold snap, though.
latest report
Alastair, How are the pistes holding up, do you have any info
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, some of the higher VT pistes were in very good condition yesterday, turning soft in the afternoon. Reports I hear suggest that the lower parts of the Meribel valley are not good and that parts of Courchevel are suffering pretty badly as well. More snow is forecast, but the freezing level is still expected to be up around the 2000m mark which won't be good for the lower resorts.

Turning busy today....
snow conditions
Please keep posting info Alastair, very useful, I'm out in Courchevel on 16th April.............
ski holidays
HiAlastair, font of all local knowledge! We've pre booked Meribel passes for next weekend, but looks like we'll need to go over to Val T or swim! Can you get a one day pass upgrade for just VT?
ski holidays
helenjane, I'm not sure but I suspect the upgrade will be to a Three Valleys pass for the day.
latest report
PG wrote:
I've seen a long range forecast that has temps staying constant until next Tuesday, dropping by a couple of degrees next Wednesday night - but hardly a cold snap...

What is important is the overnight temperatures, as long as these remain above freezing the snow will be awful to ski. However by Thursday the valley temperatures will be closer to average (10-15C) and it should be freezing above 1600 meters for a good part of the night. This will improve what skiing is left greatly.
snow report
Just got back from a long weekend in the 3 Valleys with Ski-Weekends (skiing Sat 26-Mon 28th).

On the 26th, we took the bubble up from Bride into Meribel to find nothing but slush at 1450m, not just surface slush but 20cm deep of slush. The temperature on the Friday had apparently got to 20C+ at 1450m.

We decided to head high up into Val Thorens. Here the conditions were generally good, but even at 2500m some runs were getting very thin/worn towards the end of the day.

Saturday night, saw our tripped saved with a largish dump of snow above 2000m, although this fell as rain beneath that, making the lower slopes even worse. We spent the day mainly above Courcheval. Continued to snow most of the day, with limited visibility due to snow-cloud, but that at least kept the sun off the slopes. But even with fresh snow, some runs at altitude (2800m+) had turned brown by the end of the day. Val Thorens was apparently packed that day with people flocking to the higher slopes.

Sunday night was colder, giving nice hard slopes Monday morning, although powerful sun soon started to soften them. (Aside: The avalanche risk was at 3 for the weekend due to the warming snow-pack). High up the conditions were pretty good between 10am and midday, but by 2:30pm almost every run had slushy moguls on it. There was some good powder hidden between the pistes, but you had to look fine.

We had a great trip and a good laugh; and the skiing highlight was making our way down the Grand Couloir. However, I don't see the season in the 3V lasting that much longer. Already everything below 2000m is looking poor. Unless the weather starts to get a lot colder, I wouldn't consider booking a new trip there.
snow report
kamikaze, Hey, I also just got back from a long weekend in the 3 Valleys with Ski-Weekends (skiing Sat 26-Mon 28th). We must have been on the same coach!!!

I would concur with your/Kamikaze's report. We went up to Val Thorens on both Sunday and Monday and the conditions there weren't too bad. There were bigger crowds than at Mottaret, but even so the delays were nothing compared to when we were around last year at half term. Conditions were OK ish above 2500 and we even found some powder on the Monday.

For you guys still to go, I hope it gets and then stays cooler.
ski holidays
Higher up in VT (eg Peclet) was excellent yesterday, only turning soft after about 2pm.

Did a trip over to Courchevel this morning. Left VT about 9.30 - trip to Mottaret was fine on occasionally icy slopes and a bit of slush going into Mottaret. Creux in Courchevel (time about 10.30) was very soft at the top and turning a bit brown but was better lower down. Slopes into 1650 were generally in very good condition but Indiens was closed. Crying or Very sad Slopes into 1850 were turning pretty slushy about lunchtime, although cover remains good. As might be expected, runs into Mottaret on the way back were like porridge. Goitschel back into VT (about 2pm) was a bit soft with some stones showing.
snow report
Resort info shows cover at Meribel down another 10 cms to 20 cms since Sunday... If you get over that way Alastair, do let us know how the slalom stadium's bearing up... there's supposed to be the British Children's/Junior Champs there on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of next week...
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, kamikaze, Going Thursday with skiweekends, trying not to think too much about snow - que sera sera etc!! Any tips for journey??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy