Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to ski in the USA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm an intermediate / advanced skier. I've skiied Canada (Sunshine, LL, Norquay, Nakiska, Kicking Horse and Panorama TWICE!) Puzzled
Never skiied the States. Can anyone recommend a good resort or area?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hartley, Welcome to snowHeads!!! snowHead Very Happy

Check out Squaw Valley USA - www.squaw.com
or anything in the Lake Tahoe area!

Mammoth Mountain is also a great resort.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hartley, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

There are so many excellent resorts, most of which have exceptional terrain that will accommodate your requirements. What did you think of the various Canadian resorts that you visited? What are you looking for in a resort? My experience is limited to Vermont, NY, NH, Lake Tahoe, ID, UT, and CO. Happy to help if you can give me a little bit more of what you are seeking.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hartley, Breckenridge in Colorado has been very successful in attracting repeat business from UK skiers and it certainly has a lot to offer someone at your standard, including unusually good 'apres appeal' for a US resort.

Vail, not far away, has been repeatedly voted top US resort by US skiers, and is an impressive place (originally modelled on an Alpine village). Combined with Beaver Creek, just down the road, there's a lot of skiing.

If you want to try the eastern US, I was most impressed with Stowe in Vermont.

Another option to look at is to go to Salt Lake City and have some fun exploring the resorts above it, which include Snowbird, Alta, Park City etc.

The snow in the western US is generally rated better than the eastern US, though spring skiing in Vermont (which is what I experienced) is nice (with much less harsh weather than in deep winter).

Welcome to snowHeads, BTW!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Canadian is excellent, Nakiska, Kicking Horse and Norquay are exceptional. Banff is a great place to experience North America, however travelling to resorts (Kicking Horse, Panorama) can be rough should you choose the bus. I will definitely return. I want a resort with a variety of terrains. I am an advanced skier looking to improve my mogul field technique. I like long cruising forest runs and steep blacks to gets the blood pumping. I don't mind travelling to other resorts if the travel time is under 3 hours. Razz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hartley,

Sounds like Salt Lake City would be a good base: You've got a massive variety and all within easy driving distance. Park City, Deer Valley, Canyons, Solitude, Brighton, Snowbird, Alta.

Between them they've got it all.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssh - Where in NY state have you skied ? I am trying to encourage my sister to go. She lives in Princeton, NJ . She has 2 children and I wanted to take them somewhere close to their home. Cheers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy