Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Just bought some Scott Crusade skis and am now looking at getting bindings but the questions is which ones, are there makes/models to avoid ? I see they are often sold with Tyrolia Peak 12 or Salomon Z12 Ti Bindings so should I look at getting those? Any help appreciated thanks. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nadger, there is no real difference between the different alpine bindings. Either the Tyrolia or Salomon's will keep the skis attached to your feet when you want them to, and *should* release when you don't - providing they have been set up correctly.

Personally I avoid any binding that lifts me off the ski too much, so if either of them has a 'plate' underneath the binding, avoid that one.

There are loads of good threads in this section on bindings choices, DINs and all sorts of stuff that will help you with your new skis and bindings...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a lot of people buying from EB are swapping out the Tyrolias that come with the the skis from what i understand (myslef included) probably cos they're not well known here, so maybe a deal to be had at EB for the 12s, which I don't think they sell seperately (or aty least they aren't priced up in the brochure)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your help have dropped EB a email to see if they sell the Tyrolia bindings seperatley.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am having some new Salomon bindings 912Tis fitted to my skis - the guy in the shop reckons that from the main brands Salomon and Marker are what he recommends as they are the safest in the market (he mentioned the fact that the toe ejects with forward and sideways movement). Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lionrampant wrote:
the guy in the shop reckons that from the main brands Salomon and Marker are what he recommends as they are the safest in the market

did this shop also happen to stock salomon and marker?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tyrolia Peak 12's are Head Mojo 12's painted a different colour; they have a low lift with a good firm entry. Salomon good also. Personally don't like Look/Rossi because of the soft step-in. FWIW, on some sites across the pond, Marker doesn't have the greatest of reputations, for some reason, though little experience of Markers myself.

In reality both the bindings you mention are fine (assuming that you are not going mad and would need a high DIN binding).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy