Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Miller pulls footage after filming out of bounds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Warren Miller production crew apparently pushed the envelope too far when filming in Banff recently. An investigation has been launched into an avalanche near their location site. They've been given the red card by local officials and have agreed to bin the footage.

This report from the Calgary Herald.

It raises an interesting issue concerning extreme ski films - to what extent should they promote 'lemming type activities'. I've been totally amazed by the danger level of some recent movies, but then I'm rapidly becoming an old fart.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DG, could you recommend some recent movies (not necessarily the most dangerous ones, but preferably, how shall I put it, 'memorable' maybe?). Preferably with lots of the freestyle jumps in, ie helis, flips etc, cliff-drops etc

I'll promise not to be a 'lemming' by the way, just in case you'd feel responsible!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David, (we keep corresponding on different sites so much so that my wife is becoming suspicious) I have a wonderful idea for you. I think you should take a video camera to various resorts and film the various pistes. These dvds would sell more copies that the crazy warren miller films - once you've seem one nutter ski off a cliff you've seen them all. Many people would love to see the piste they intent to visit skiied by an expert and would ,I'm sure pay for the opportunity. You could send the proceeds to the exec of the ski club GB to enable them to employ more legal teams!!

Yours with tongue in cheek,

Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Matthew, I can remember skiing in Zermatt in the 1970's and watching several of the Dick Barrymore ski films which were mostly sponsored by K2. Dick now runs a hotel on the Mexican Riviera, and he has made a 'best of' ski film from all his early films. I plan to buy a copy in the next few weeks. It's available on dickbarrymore.com. I realize they are not current but I remember them being spectacular, especially if you're into freestyle jumping etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Matthew. try here:
www.solidpowder.com
You can download a vcd version of both movies, for free.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy