Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A tale of two freebies: compare two ski writers' reports on Sestriere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sestriere in Italy will be a key venue for alpine racing events at the 2006 Turin Winter Olympics, so the publicity machine is in full swing to generate new tourism for the resort (which was originally built by the Agnelli family for their Fiat workers).

A recent trip for UK ski writers generated two reports last weekend: Peter Hardy, for The Telegraph, is concerned that two promised lifts are yet to be built. Stephen Wood, for The Independent, takes a detailed look at preparations for the Games and the resort, and is more optimistic about the construction prospects.

Both writers remind us of a crucial problem facing race enthusiasts who are keen to take in some skiing during the Games. The link-lift serving Sestriere from Sauze d'Oulx, a better prospect for accommodation at such a busy time, will be closed and all lifts in Sestriere may be closed to recreational skiers. So it's a question of connecting by road and just spectating.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Independent article also said that no accompdation was available in Sestriere. The best bet to me would be to ski elsewhere and not bother with the Olympics at all. I can't imagine that the road into Sestriere will be too pleasant during the Olympics if you're considering a daily commute in.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy