Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cerivinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all new to the board,Just Booked 4days out in Cervinia,anyone got any usefull info on prices skihire and some of the best routes etc??

Good or bad..

Many thanks in Advance

TT

/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tigertim, I think you put a few to many carriage returns in there Tim!

Ski hire is just normal prices - i got some great skis last year on the little shop on main street near the posh tea-room - just near the Cretaz chair-lift. Good routes are plentiful - what's your skiing ability like? Cervinia (just 2 i's wink ) is best for mileage-munching red-run bullies. and all runs are good really - the areas above Valtournenche (called Salire I think) is particularly sunny and flattering, but the best run is on the extreme left of the piste map as you look at it. 6-bis or something, then 5, all the way down to resort.

Great, great resort - do a search on here (spell it right wink ) and you'll find loads of info. The resort is already 1/2 open and the snow rocks! Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And if you want some really good skiing head over to Zermatt wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Etoile is a great mountain restaurant. As I remember it, it's one or two stops up the main spine of lifts, turn left and down an easy blue run. The mountain goat is good - quite rich and gamey.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, Love the ironic humour on your website! Very Happy your 2 fave resorts are Zzzzermatt and LesDullAlpes "LOL"
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27, To be fair I liked skiing in Cervinia too. Couldn't resist though wink Seriously tigertim, for 4 days it's worth heading over to Zermatt one day, they are two very different experiences.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good resort. The Apre in the Copperpan is good. Head up to the Zermatt cable car at 4.30ish and blitz the whole mountain for the last run, it's awesome. If you're any good you'll just make the end of happy hour in the Copperpan. Buy a table full of beers and that'll see you through.
Zermatt is ok, but the lifts are a bit disjointed with too much uphill skiing from one station to another.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers guy's so far so good.

i would say i'm intermediate skier,so alls looking good so far..

TT Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi All - we are heading to Cervinia for the first time for a long weekend at the end of Jan. Tight wads that we are,
our usual trick is to late book an apartment or hotel in the last week. Does anyone know if the Cervinia tourist office releases late availability information like some other resorts do? I can't find any info on their website.

Any info much appreciated. Very Happy

Cheers
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does anybody know how long it takes to walk there from Geneva ?

Or have you booked the hire car Tim ? wink snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ha bloody ha Canski,i thought we'd take a horse and cart..

TT Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll be returning to Cervinia over the New Year after a gap of 24 years! It was where I got engaged. This time it will be just me and my 17 yr old son. It will be spooky seeing Le Piolet Hotel again.

I still remember how flattering the easy reds made your skiing and the run down to Valtournenche was fun. Another day in Zermatt is not to be missed.

Can anyone tell me what off piste possibilities exist please and where to go for a great freshly baked pizza?

Thanks
Peter
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Esprit, Peter, Ah the memories.... Never Married her then? Very wise wink

You will find the resort much as you left it I think, although the 6-man Cretaz chair from the resort makes getting up the mountain a breeze - give the gondola a miss in the morning I would say.

But to your questions. Off piste is ...er... limited! In fact there is very little I think as much of the area gets wind blown and other bits are too rocky, but of course Zermatt has extensive off piste, including some great new itineries, check out the piste map online for those. You can be down at the Tronkersteg (sp?) lift station in 45 mins from Cervinia high street.

Pizza.... hmmmm... I always seem to eat steak in the Jour et Nuit - brilliant atmosphere, or go more old school in the Copa Pan, but I think the gaff above the ice rink does nice Pizzas, and they're certainly fresh.

We have hods of snow already with another mega-dump forecast over the weekend so you assured of plenty of ski-time on the flattering reds! Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B, apart from the football team reference then your website was A1 Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy