Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Couple seek similar company in january ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Me (novice skier) and girlfriend (show off) want to go to main european resort (deosn't matter as long as snow, nighlife, good skiing) for a week in January. We would like to stay in catered chalet but would like to hook up with others too who also prefer to know who they are staying with in a chalet and also hang out with on and off slopes for a week of 100% fun.

None of our friends ski and in the past have ended up in chalet from hell. We're in our thirties, very active and sociable and in desperate need of others also holding out for last minute deal who want to stay in same place...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bamb, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

If you find a chalet you like to look of, is in your budget etc., ask who they already have booked. If the guests are a family or two with young children, it may not be the place for you. On the other hand, if there are a few couples or small group of friends, you are more likely to have kindred spirits Very Happy - for example, I wouldn't book a chalet with my own family, if the existing guests were a group of mates likely to be looking for a lively holiday, or if it a chalet that didn't profess to be family-friendly. We have been part of the lively group and had great times, but things change!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

a week of 100% fun.

Welcome to Snowheads. It might be as well to expand...

If you don't find what you're looking for, you could perhaps go for a big "chalet hotel" where you don't need to mix with any of your fellow guests that don't take your fancy.

What was the "chalet from hell"?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which end of '30's' are you? We're a gang of 6 ranging from 38-42 that ski loads, drink loads and back bottom about a fair bit. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bamb,

I've been to several chalets and in only one of them was there a problem and that was because the rest of the chalet was a large group with a control freak as its leader. So now if going to a chalet I usually ask the Tour Operator about the other guests (are they a family or a large group).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thing is, even with 3 other couples of the same age who describe themselves the same way, you might not get on.
Better chance of it happening I suppose.
I've never had any problems in chalets, though the last lot I met were slightly inward looking which started to annoy me after a while.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As a couple i reckon you can find chalets that have only one room left. two good things about this are that you can get a bargain and you can also ask about who has already booked... Havent had probs in chalets myself but there's always going to be a chance there will be someone you cant get on with - just like the rest of life really. Smile and get on with it and laff at them when they aint there!!

As for meeting like minded folk BEFORE you go, i think thats a tall order. I wouldnt book with two people i only met even if i thought they were ok.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bamb, I have sent you a PM Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bamb, just PM'd you
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bamb - not sure if you're sorted as yet but I have a couple of places in a catered chalet in La Plagne for a week from 5th Feb with SilverSki. A mixed group, some couples some singles and varying abilities. Ages also vary from a late teen through to me in my fifties but all are up for a good time. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you full details......JB
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JohnnyB, as this was three years ago, I think they probably HAVE been sorted out Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ooops!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Haha well spotted Johnny! Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anniepen,

It might work out though as I'm looking for a place.

You could send me the details if you like...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HI Johnny was wondering if you are now full up if not can you let have the details of what you have booked , all the usual , location price etc etc ?

cheers

Paul

JohnnyB,
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy