Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

£ v € & $ - will TOs start surcharging?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just seen that First Choice are giving £50 discounts for holidays booked on line. My concern is that their t&cs allow them to vary the price of the holiday, up to 30 days before you go.

The pound has lost over 16% to the Euro this year and 25% to the dollar, most of that in the past month. Accommodation will be paid in Euros ad airline fuel in $ (I realise that this is normally hedged). Are TOs going to pass the currency losses on?

Considering the exchange rate, many package deals now look cheap, especially with on-line discounts, but I don't want to book and then be clobbered for a surcharge.

Any TO staff want to comment, anonymously if preferred?

(Is that the most number of symbols ever in a thread title?)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bar shaker, A lot of TOs negotiate their accommodation and then buy currency futures to reduce / eliminate the risk from currency fluctuations over the coming months. Their prices would be based on their 'locked in' cost of currency. I guess there may well be some companies who took more exchange rate risk, looking to pass on some extra cost, but I wouldn't think it'll be too big a deal industry wide.

The real fun will start if the £ stays this weak through 2009. If it does, holidays in the 2009 - 2010 season might be significantly more expensive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy