Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does Boot Size Change Between Touring/Racing and Alpine Boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm about to buy a pair of skis, Mantras with either Dukes or Barons attached. I'm going to set them up with my current boot, 314mm Technica Vento 8 but am thinking of getting a pair of touring boots later on to get the most out of this setup.
Baron's and Duke's in "S" are recommended for boot size up to 320mm. What I don't want to do is get this binding only to find out that touring boots are different for some unknown reason and come up longer making them too big for the binding.

This may be a stupid question but shoes size clearly varies with shoe companies, I'm assuming that this is true for boot manufacturers. Can anyone shed any light on the variation between manufacturers, am I likely to vary more than 6mm? Do touring boots tend to come up smaller/larger than normal boots?

Thanks for any feedback you can give.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boot sole length for a given size is usually shorter for touring boots than alpine boots
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PowderHunter, my answer to your other thread may seem mean now. Twisted Evil I shall go back and post a 3rd time. Wink

What Arno said, true touring boots normally come in a shade shorter than alpine boots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy