Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black runs at peisey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to peisey for xmas

i am an ok skier - happy on reds and have done the odd black usually with instructors
( did the top of the valluga last year down, and previously have completed the long one at alp dhuez )

looking for some good to progress onto blacks in paisey this year, as i intend to
have a quiet run down a couple on my own ( mainly to get the confidence)

can anyone recommend some easy / good blacks in peisey ( and also any that are
not worth the risk of trying)

if this appears to be a double post - sorry - but cannot find the one i tried to post yesterday

many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Being in Peisey gives you the oppurtunity to pop over on the Vanoise Express where in Montachavin / Coche there are now sevearl blacks.
http://www.skiplan.com/skiplan/infostation.php?p_lang=en&p_station=la-plagne&p_region=alpes&p_pays=france&p_stationformate=La+Plagne#montchavin_coches

Details here
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Pistes3.htm#N

and here
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gazza2,

Easy confidence building black in Peisey

Black run into Plan Peisey either from top of Peisey 61 or higher (dont know the lift)

Thinks its called 'Equreuils'

Was an easy / quite black last year when I was there - good confidence builder
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.lesarcs.com/IMG/jpg/paradiski_08.jpg

http://www.peisey-info.com/Domaine/Ski.htm
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't remember any blacks actually at Peisey and many of the Les Arcs ones are a bit tougher - but the famous black from Aiguille Rouge to Villaroger is not tough - just a glorious 2,100m of vertical - much of it really a red.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gazza2, The easiest one is Ecureils & you can access the easiest bit of it at the top of the Peisey lift. Then once you've achieved that, go from the top of the Grizzli lift. The only thing I would say, is its 'ease' depends a bit on wheter or not its been pisted - it can get quite mogully & icy from time to time. If you feel like you've had enough, its easy to ski out of it from the top half.
Then there's the lovely half-pipe one Bosses, over near Le Derby lift. Lots more over in Les Arcs.
My brother is there over Christmas too - I hope you have fun
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
genepi wrote:
gazza2, The easiest one is Ecureils & you can access the easiest bit of it at the top of the Peisey lift. Then once you've achieved that, go from the top of the Grizzli lift. The only thing I would say, is its 'ease' depends a bit on wheter or not its been pisted - it can get quite mogully & icy from time to time. If you feel like you've had enough, its easy to ski out of it from the top half.
Then there's the lovely half-pipe one Bosses, over near Le Derby lift.

The bosses looks great fun, but never been open when I've been to les arcs as I think it needs quite a bit of cover. I've done refuge from the top of grand-col, short, but one quite steep section and then some big lumps at the bottom - quie an easy run to do as you can see it from the lift and quiche (if you want) and take the red instead. I believe the blacks around varet above arc 2000 and around the comborciere char (above arc 1600) are more of a challenge but as yet I haven't done them myself (yet!)

If you want a buddy to come with you on a 'black adventure' then I'd be keen to do so albeit on a board as my skiing isn't upto that level yet - drop me a PM. I'm in PP all season, if not then look for me in the squirrel..
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett, I really dislike the Bosses piste, unless there's a foot of fresh powder on it. Usually scraped ice and mis-shapen bumps, a bit like Comborciere Sad Refuge from Grand Col is good, and there are several down the front of the Aiguille Rouge, but my favourite is the usually over-looked Rouelles down to Arc 1600. It has a good, consistent pitch all the way down, is fairly wide and has some nice off-piste opportunities either side of it. A hidden gem of a piste Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Refuge from Grand Col is good

Agree - did it in feet of powder a few years ago now, and it was a Brill confidence booster snowHead . Won't get much sun at that time of year, so the chair was a chill experience Sad
Also remember doing a long black under the gondala up to the aiguille rouge - only the once though! Right into 'get a flipping turn in' territory Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
bertie bassett, I really dislike the Bosses piste, unless there's a foot of fresh powder on it. Usually scraped ice and mis-shapen bumps, a bit like Comborciere Sad Refuge from Grand Col is good, and there are several down the front of the Aiguille Rouge, but my favourite is the usually over-looked Rouelles down to Arc 1600. It has a good, consistent pitch all the way down, is fairly wide and has some nice off-piste opportunities either side of it. A hidden gem of a piste Smile

Cheers Rob - on my todo list.. Can you hook into it from the bottom of clocheret red?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett wrote:
Cheers Rob - on my todo list.. Can you hook into it from the bottom of clocheret red?

No, you've dropped too low if you go to the bottom of the Clocheret, and you miss the nice start to Rouelles. You can cut across the hill, but it's a real pfaff. Join the top of the Rouelles piste from the Cachette chairlift, or do laps around the Gollet chair. It's awesome there in good snow, and you'll probably have the place just to yourself as most other people will be hunting good snow further up the hill. There, now I've told you that I'm going to have to kill you Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy