Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens - Costs in Resort

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea of the rough cost of dining out/drinking in Val Thorens. We are heading off for three weeks on boxing day and wondered what we should be budgeting for...

Obviously a "big shop" is in order at Moutiers but last time we stopped for a pint in Val T it was 12euros! Shocked Was this an unlucky choice or more the norm??

Any advise would be greatly received.

Thanks,

Matt
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i hear it's the cheapest of the 3 valleys but wouldn't know how much cheaper!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mattbrum wrote:
last time we stopped for a pint in Val T it was 12euros!

That'll be about £15 by the time you go.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unlucky choice . The dearest pint I can find is the guinness in O'connels at 6.50.
However I now drink in Viking next door for the happy 3 hour. 2 pints for 5 Euro.
Free wifi, and you can toss the boss on a Sunday.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unlucky kind of sums me up really!

2 pints for 5 Euro sounds better!

Any ideas how much a meal out is likely to cost for 4?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Any ideas how much a meal out is likely to cost for 4?

Depends what you eat... "a meal" could be a bacon sarnie for breakfast...

If you're talking about dinner, I'd think about £100-150 would be reasonable for 2/3 courses & drinks for 4 I suppose?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mattbrum, if you're going for 3 weeks and haven't already done so, you might suss out the possibility of getting a season pass at a promotional price. I've just ordered some (not for VT though) at the cost of around 2 weeks full price.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mattbrum, you may also like to increase your credit card limits or sell the wife Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mattbrum, my experience is that the cheaper places to eat can be found at the top of town - tex mex, American, English for around 25euro pp + drinks for 2 courses, mid resort level hosts a range of restaurants serving standard quality fare (pizza, steak, Duck, etc...) around 35euro pp + drinks for 2 courses and the better quality restaurants seem to be in the lower part of the resort; 45euro ++++ as described before.

Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mattbrum, was there dec last year and paid between €5.50 and €7 per pint and on average @€15 for a meal without drinks, however the food was not that great where we ate, i am sure there are some good restaraunts but be prepared to pay for it! we are there again this december and will try to suss the place out a bit more.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the info, feeling a little less worried about the budget going out the window!

pamw How did you go about getting your pass cheaper? I've looked on all the 3valleys websites and no deals to be found (that I can see!). Does anyone know of any deals I ought to be looking for?

Libertine, no wife to sell; I'm not sure the girlfriend would be too amused, she's grumpy already because she isn't coming Toofy Grin (would of made the laundry run easier though.... Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mattbrum, you're going skiing for 3 weeks and she's not going? I wouldn't be grumpy, I'd be off. wink
Many areas sell season passes in advance at discount prices, though sometimes only to locals. Maybe the 3 Valleys doesn't have any special offers like that though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mattbrum,
Quote:

no wife to sell; I'm not sure the girlfriend would be too amused
Wth you going skiing without her for three weeks she's unlikely to ever become your wife. PM me address and i'll pop round to console her. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mattbrum, if you're going for lunch on the mountain, Les Menuires is probably your best bet. The restaurant at the bottom of Les Allemandes (a lovely swoopy red) is but a short hop from VT & has good food at very reasonable prices (comparatively, of course!). But shop around in VT - the quality & price does seem to vary quite a bit...

12 euro for a beer? Are you quite sure you didn't stray into Courchevel by mistake? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Corky - How very kind of you.... make sure your wallets full and easily persuaded to open frequently! Laughing

Jo - Definately Val T - I just have this habbit of finding anywhere expensive!
latest report
mattbrum, An out of resort shop is a must, or you'll be spending double in nearly everything. Last April a 24 case of 25cl bottles was 10e out of resort, in resort a 6 pack was 12e ! Sad The cheaper establishment for 'in resort' food and drink are at the top end on the resort. As I think was mentioned, the Viking last year did a 2for1 happy hour(s), but it soon emptied once over. Hope its still there in Dec and April though! Very Happy
If you find any 'hidden' ski pass deals for VT or the 3V's please let us all know.
ski holidays
l'oxalys.

go for the 8course taster menu.then sell your wife!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy