Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels in Villeneuve/La Salles les Alpes, Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
30 second question:

Is Hotel Le Fréjus in Villeneuve ok?

Any links to info?

5 minute question:

I have a mixed group of 6-9 and am in final stages of finding a hotel for week of 31st Jan-6th Feb.

We were going to be in Hotel de l'Europe in Monetier until we discovered that the ski school/creche there didn't start taking kids all day until the 7th Feb. Doh. Sad

So, the only place to dispose of a 7yr old is Villeneuve/La Salles Les Alpes.

Criteria are B&B or H/B with decent savoyarde food, 3 couples, 2 singles (supplement <=50%), one 7yr old child. Hoping for around 70€pppn, i.e. around 500€ for a week's h/b from 31st Jan

Roc Noir has space, but my group aren't in love with it.
    Chatelas looks nice, but no space.
    Mont Thabor is also full.
    La Vielle Ferme - not yet considered.
    Le Lievre Blanc - is this ok?
    La Maison du Bez - looks good, but no singles.
    Le Fréjus - very interested in this, but no details anywhere.

Many thanks for any help. One day all hotels will have websites...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crosbie, http://www.skibound.co.uk/Resort.aspx?id=8 is this the one? Doesn't look like it fulfils your criteria though, as it is a schools hotel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
crosbie, I ran the Frejus three winters ago. It's 10 minutes from the old village and five mins from the shopping centre. It's also directly opposite the main lift. It's run by SkiBound, who cater for both schools and adult guests, so you may end up sharing with a school party, although that's not a big schools week so it could well be just adults and families.

The hotel itself is basic, but warm and reasonably comfortable, and the bar is cheap. Breakfast is cold buffet with ham, cheese, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, eggs. Dinner is three courses with wine, and they don't do afternoon tea.

The place will be well run (manager has been there three seasons, has run other bigger places as well, knows her stuff). You just need to decide what level of service you want - if you're after luxurious surroundings, canapes, nice afternoon teas etc, it's not for you. If you're happy with friendly staff and decent basic accommodation it's great - very well placed for lifts and amenities etc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Helen, all I found on the web was that there was a hotel/restaurant with the name Le Fréjus at 7 ROUTE DU BEZ. If it's a school jobbie, then no, I think we'll give it a miss. Thanks for saving us a phone call and a potentially big disappointment. Toofy Grin

I thought, "Ooh, if there's a restaurant called Le Fréjus and it has the same address as the hotel then that's a good sign..."

At least I now have a link to it. Thanks. wink

That probably makes Le Lievre Blanc the next to consider, though I've seen this described as a clubhotel.
Maybe La Vielle Ferme needs a closer look.

Well, at least things are narrowing down (hopefully not to nothing, might have to keep the kid in tow and go back to Monetier).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
crosbie La Veille Ferme http://www.langleyhotels.no/hotell/visa.asp?nr=10306&sp=4&rm=103
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, I don't think we're looking for luxury by any means, but if it has to be h/b, as so many hotels appear to be h/b only, we don't want to end up with lacklustre cuisine. We usually pop out to restaurants, but when the only hotels that do B&B are more expensive than h/b ones it's a bit silly. I presume the Frejus doesn't have a restaurant dependent on passing trade?

Anyway, thanks very much for the more detailed info on Frejus. It isn't ruled out, but it'll be low down on the rapidly shrinking list, so could end up back at the top soon. Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crosbie, shame about Maison du Bez, as that is a nice hotel.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
crosbie, no, restaurant is for hotel guests and meals are a set menu. Can't usefully comment on the food, as I have no idea who is cheffing there this season. Usually a fairly basic menu though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, thanks for confirming that. Very helpful.

Helen Beaumont, thanks for the link to Vielle Ferme, and I'll cross my fingers the Maison du Bez will let a double room at 75% or less for single occ.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
crosbie, Hotle du Bez also have apartments, sleeping up to 10 people, with half-board at the hotel as an option.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Helen Beaumont, I noticed that too.

We have toyed with the idea of apartments, but we're going to exhaust the hotel options first. I think the problem is that we mostly enjoy our own space (tho have shared apts to a little extent in the past, e.g. couple + single in one apt, others in chalet).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, I proposed the 10 person Nid d'Aigle - very nice place at 2800€, with 2baths+shower, and 10 actual beds rather than sofa beds, etc. We could have done it if my whole group of 3 couples and 2 singles had been into it, but alas, 1 single dropped out due to emergency, and the other can't commit yet.

Anyway, 3 couples are now booking into Hotel du Bez. Phew!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy