Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeride ski choice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm new on here so should probably say hi!

Anyway, i'm currently looking for a decent ski around the £400 mark inc bindings, looking for something that will serve me well in the powder but also have decent piste/park performance.

Been looking at a couple, namely the:

Dynastar Big Trouble 2009 - 124/92/114 - £399
Atomic Pimp 2009 - 126/103/118 - £359
Line Blend 2009 - 132/100/122 - £429

Anyone have any experience with these? Or suggest any others you think would suit my needs? Just looking to try and get some reviews on them tbh.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Icelantic Nomad. 2009 140/105/130 - £374
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Obsethed? My Scott P4's in B/S/E? Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've found the line Blend's with bindings for £377 which seems a pretty sweet deal especially in lead up to christmas! Anyone had a ski on these? As i can't find anywhere near me that i could try them Sad

Think my choice is between the Line Prophet 90/100, Line Blend and the Dynastar Big trouble. Any feedback on these would be awesome!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blend = jibby flippy spinny, Prophet = freeride. I hate BT's with a passion, ugh. One of my least favourite skis. See if you can try Icelantic Nomads vs Prophet 100s. Said this in another forum earlier this week, but I'd be on Nomads if a 179 suited me - I love my Prophets but I'd rather not be on a cap construction, slightly cheaper feeling ski all season.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nomads are out the price-range unfortunately, limited to about £400 max for skis+bindings. Can get the Line skis at pretty good deals, so a toss up between the blend and the prophets i'd imagine then. How do your prophets handle the piste? Respectable?

Are the blends more of a park ski yeah? Can't seem to fins THAT much information about them, maybe im just looking in the wrong corners of the internet. In regard to the prophets, is it a toss up between the 90 and 100s depending on width you want, that's the only difference? Cheers for the info!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Prophets are the same construction between 90s and 100s exactly, so the 100 adds 1cm more width without any more stiffness - so the 100 is slightly softer. I'm on Prophet 90s because I don't ski them on powder days - they're my everyday ski, stiff enough to handle more difficult lines and charge - need a bit of effort in skiing them. I think the 100 would be easier around the piste and slightly less responsive/quick edge to edge - so a positive and a negative. Prophets are pretty bad in the park. I haven't skied Blends.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Black Crows Navis.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DaveC wrote:
Prophets are the same construction between 90s and 100s exactly, so the 100 adds 1cm more width without any more stiffness - so the 100 is slightly softer. I'm on Prophet 90s because I don't ski them on powder days - they're my everyday ski, stiff enough to handle more difficult lines and charge - need a bit of effort in skiing them. I think the 100 would be easier around the piste and slightly less responsive/quick edge to edge - so a positive and a negative. Prophets are pretty bad in the park. I haven't skied Blends.

Bad in the park in what regard? I'm presuming the stiffness? Cheers for the feedback, good to actually get some decent information!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They're quite a damp, chargey ski even if they are twins, so more along the lines of a Dynastar Legend Pro than a park ski. Good park skis don't make good all-mountain skis, a bit like powder skis don't do record times in the gates, but people seem to expect one ski to be able to do everything.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the help, much appreciated. Here's hoping i can now make an informed decision!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just bought a pair of Prophet 100s, but not had chance to ski them yet. Bought them for powder and general tooling around on soft pistes. Doubt you'll get them with bindings for £400 though, unless you go for last year's model (same ski, different graphics). Be more like £500 for 08/09 ones. Also if you need 186s, they are a bitch to get hold of in the UK.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Movement
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ Gladiator
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Think i'm gonna get the Line Blend 2009, seems to match everything i want, and i can get a pretty sweet deal on it Smile Thanks for all the help guys!

Also if anyones got any input on bindings, i'm stuggling in that decision http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=45076
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy