Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anti Misting for Oakley Glasses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, very new so be kind Smile

I have a pair of Oakley Flack Jackets which are super for all sports, skiing included - except for one trait - they tend to steam up when going slow / stopped (ie - no air flow)

I was wondering if I could use any form of de-misting spray / wipe like I would for motor cycle helmets? Or would these break the oakley lens coatings ?

Cheers,

Z
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got some Rainx Anitfog for my car and that works well. I was wondering about taking this with me skiing this season for this reason. Hopefully someone will have tried it already and know whether it's worth bothering or not. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zacherynuk, I find the same thing with mine. Just go faster!!

Welcome to Snowheads!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
its not always possible to go faster... mine fugged up quite a bit aswell last year... that was only when i wore a face mask and a neck warmer thingmejigger (technical term)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gdizzle, ah, i only wear mine when it's warm and sunny - if it's too cold my eyes stream anyway so it would be goggle time!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zacherynuk, I just wash mine occaisionally in shampoo or washing up liquid if they get foggy or grimy and get a bit obsessive about cleaning them. However, I find that like Beani1 says, keep moving and they don't steam up Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use rain x anti-fog on Oakleys no problem with coatings
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheap and cheerful solution

I don't know if there is something special going on with Oakleys that would mean it was inapporpriate to use (maybe if you have expensive goggles you ought to check), but as a general rule if you rub goggle or spectacle lenses with a little washing up liquid on the inside and then polish (and it polishes well) with a dry cloth you generally leave behind a sufficient residue of soap to break the surface tension on the water and prevent the build up of the microdroplets which are usually what cause the fogging.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i gave up on my oakleys and got some smiths Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
there is a cheap product called 'cat crap' which you rub onto the lenses and polish away. does a good job of helping to prevent fog.
remember to keep snow out of your goggles, especially around the air vents. leave your goggles on at all times, people who lift them off onto their torques/helmets while riding a lift are WAY more likely to fog up since they are allowing moisture to get on the inside of the goggles.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oh... i misread this, i thought he said goggles... cant read! oh well! well my googles fugged up when i was wearing fask mask and neck warmer thing... Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spit works.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the replies...

Unsure trust Rain X - "Note: Not intended for use on plastics, painted, treated or coated surfaces" ...

Will try a liberal detergent wash though, that may help...

z
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy