Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

rossignol scratrch brigade bc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need a review or some feedback on the rossi scratch brigade bc. I was a ski racer as a kid, have snowboarded the last 20 years and just got back on skis last year. I can still do it and its funner than ever with shaped skis, they were straight when I quit. I get roughly 100 days a year and weigh about 160 lbs, and 6'3. I have a pair of dynastar pro xxl for the BC but want a firendly fun ski too. So I am also wondering if I should put a fritchi on the scratch bc or a resort binding. I generally get about 4 days a week in the BC. Thanks, ryon
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
resort binding, thrash the living blinks out of moguls and jumps both.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
so ypu really like it and would just use the dynastar in the BC. I wanted a good bump ski so it sounds promising
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ryon, no brainer really, esp. as the Scratch BC are cheaper new than the xxls. 96 days of fun'n'friendly thrashing then get new S(whatevers).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
are they any good at speed, and on the groomers if I had to? I was at snowbird this weekend and the conditions were not the softest, but good and they felt slow. I switched to a Nordica hot rod. Thats a fun ski for hard snow, but I really wanted the scratch BC's to shine. Probably just not he right conditions for them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ryon wrote:
are they any good at speed,

Above 30mph? No, not really.

Quote:
and on the groomers if I had to?

They work. Not spectacularly, but they do work.

Quote:
I was at snowbird this weekend and the conditions were not the softest, but good and they felt slow.

They are pow/bump/jib/light touring skis; they are -not- big mountain skis. You will never see HR-level speed or edging performance from them.

That said, how was the snow? What was open?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the snow was fun, not great and it was not powder skiing like I had hoped. It was a little rocky and pretty much typical early season stuff as far as the runs go. I am not to familiar with the Bird but ther was fun groomed snow off the tram, one run, and then Gadzalodi, I think? and mid-gad chair were running. They bith were limited, but fun. This past week would have been better skiing due to new snow throough out last weekend. I should have just got into there BC across the road but I know nothing about the area. Some of the lines people had been hiking looked real good. I am headed to Sun Valley for three days next week, I hope there is snow, they are hurting. I have a few different skis to try and I want to get a bit more time on the Scratch Brigades, to be fair. Ryon
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy