Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to find yellow lensed goggles with wide field of view?

Poster: A snowHead
Because the foam has started to disintegrate in my goggles, I've been on the look out in the last couple of years to replace my good quality, double-glazed yellow tinted pair. They've also got a decent field of view (and a fit for the larger adult's head).

Most of the goggles I've seen with yellow lenses seem to be more concerned with fashion rather than function, and one-size-fits-all to appeal to youngsters and beginners.

Unfortunately, I have to wear goggles in all conditions as otherwise my eyes will stream with tears the moment I exceed 5mph.

The last time I saw such a pair was about 10 years ago (my current pair).

I'm wondering if anyone has links to places for functional, adult ski goggles rather than fashionable ones?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crosbie, try Oakley A Frame googles with Persimmon or High Yellow lenses - http://www.steptoes.co.uk/oakley-snow-goggles/Name/A%20FRAME/0.html have them from £56 for end of line stuff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just bought a pair of Bolle Sharks with lemon lenses for low light conditions. They were quite cheap but seem OK, had to get Bolle to fit my prescription inserts. Got them from http://lens-wear.co.uk/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to huge lengths to find goggles with a wide field of view. I concluded that the Adidas Yodai have by far the widest angle of view. I bought mine from here

http://www.vision3k.com

but lots of other places do them. Like you I wasn't worried about having to be seen in Oakleys and so far the Yodai has given excellent service. However I shouldn't have bothered buying the extra lens for when it is sunny as I much prefer to wear sunglasses and only wear goggles when the light turns flat. I too have very sensitive eyes but have found that the latest wraparound sunglasses do a very good job of shielding my eyes from the wind.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
look for spherical lensed ones for best field of vision..Adidas,smith and Oakley..and most will also do a low light or yellow lense option
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone. Plenty of leads to follow. Yodai looks promising. Madeye-Smiley Just need to find the best discount now...

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 17-11-08 17:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crosbie, I have Oakley Crowbars which I could part with due to my replacement pair coming this week.. H.I yellow lenses and white frames if you are interested..

v.g.c I will post photos if you wish!

776954159a8340595136l

The ones of my head there.. click for a big picture.

The H.I yellow lenses are the best I have had in flat light after years of different Oakley lenses/sunglasses.

In reference to "being seen" in Oakley goggles it comes right down to function over form for me and for my head they fit best every time.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 17-11-08 17:07; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
crosbie, Would agree with truffaut, in that the Adidas Yodai have the widest periphery. I recently bought Oakley A Frames, but not yet tested on snow. I also only wear goggles when the light is flat and you'll need the orange lense for this. I would have thought that a decent pair of wraparounds would eliminate any teary eyes - I too had this problem years ago, until I bought wraparounds.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought Oakley Wisdoms gave better peripheral vision than the A frame.
Anyone tried both?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boabski, I wear sunglasses whilst having a beer say, and sometimes have forgotten to take them off. Although my sunglasses are fairly wraparound, and are much better than bare eyes, I have learnt the hard way that the worst moment for your eyes to become blurred by tears is when you're schussing through a complex via with perfect vision critical - and you remember that this is because you've still got sunglasses on.

arv, thanks for the offer. Mine will last me this coming season. I'm just looking to invest in a new pair before it's too late and I end up having to buy any old pair in a resort shop. It's the foam that seems to be the biggest factor in terms of lifetime.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
crosbie, Maybe something to do with the amount of beers then Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boabski, yeah, you should try boarding at speed with a Serieux in each hand. When the biere splashes in the eyes after landing from a jump it makes 'em water terribly. wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
3rd for Adidas Yodai here... excellent goggles. I have the LST trail silver in mine and they're good in most conditions apart from white outs. I have another lens which is better for those conditions. Easy enough to change as well.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
4th for Adidas Yodai. I have 2 pairs of lenses but don't really bother changing them unless its definitely a bright blue sky day or whiteout.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
5th for Adidas Yodai - easily interchangeable lenses, the yellow lens is as good as the Oakley HI Yellow IMO.
Overall as good as my A-Frames and just as cool in a less obvious way ;o)

P.
snow report
Welcome to snowHeads pauly69! snowHead
snow report
Go to your local builders merchants and buy some yellow lensed safety glasses - trust me on this.....(obviously not the ones which make you look like Beaker from the Muppets....)

Spend the £100 saving on something nice
ski holidays
Guvnor wrote:
Go to your local builders merchants and buy some yellow lensed safety glasses - trust me on this.....(obviously not the ones which make you look like Beaker from the Muppets....)

Spend the £100 saving on something nice

you mean like these??

I'll pay the £100 thanks
snow report
Totally agree with the recommendations for Adidas Yodais. I used t have all sorts of probelms with goggles until I got a pair of Yodais a couple of seasons ago, and I love them. I have the orange lenses for low light (though yellow lenses are available I found the orange ones better) and normal shaded lens for bright light.
snow report
Guvnor, a mate of mine has those safety glasses - he reckons they are excellent in low light.
snow conditions
Adidas yodai - amazing. The Robin is a close second
snow report
Jagerbull, I know several people who swear by them - guides and instructors included. 5 euros from Samse in Bourg.... wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy