Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Direct links for GFS outputs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last season I had a URL which took me directly to the GFS output for a couple of locations in the French Alps. I seem to have lost the links - anyone know where I can find those charts? I think one of the locations was for Argentiere, but anywhere near the Tarentaise would be even more helpful.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://91.121.93.17/pics/MS_745_ens.png

7 and 45 (the 745 bit) are long and lat - just replace with whatever you need. 745 is tignes i think?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 17-11-08 12:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 brian
brian
rob@rar, you mean this kind of thing, as presented by Wetterzentrale ?

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MS_746_ens.png (that's near enough Argentiere)

You can get the raw numbers from NOAA, but I assume that's not what you actually want.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rogg, 45N 7E is actually very close to Sestriere.

Tignes is pretty close to 45.5N, 7E which means it falls between 2 points on the ENS charts, but has its own meteogram (from the operational run only):

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rogg & brian, thanks, both of those are useful and I'll add them to my widgets so I can get obsessive with just the squeeze of my mouse. 46 7 is slightly closer to the Tarentiase I think.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This seems like a useful site, just click on the map at the desired location, with links to the MO as well.
http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs.php?carte=1
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks brian, didn't realize there was a halfway point available, just used 745 (think i rounded down by the look of it!).

just a quick question or two - not see your graph before,
top one (walken) - don't know what that one is - is it cloud/fog?
pressure and wind, then temperature (min max and average) - any idea what height?
i think the next one is relative humidity?
then precipitation.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
rogg wrote:
just a quick question or two - not see your graph before,
top one (walken) - don't know what that one is - is it cloud/fog?
pressure and wind, then temperature (min max and average) - any idea what height?
i think the next one is relative humidity?
then precipitation.

Yep, cloud cover (at 3 heights, don't know what the actual heights are though) ; pressure ; wind speed/direction ; Temperature min/max/dewpoint (at 2m above the ground, altitude of the ground is given at top right of chart) ; relative humidity ; precipitation (each bar is 3 hours worth).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks brian, missed the height top right Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy