Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tecnica diablo hotforms

Poster: A snowHead
I’ve bought a pair last year and went to reputable boot fitters in London (profeet) to get them done(heated) . I am not an expert but i think they didn’t melt them properly. If someone here knows where else they have the machine to heat them ( I’m not willing to go to slush and rubble), or is it a good idea to go back to profeet with the receipt and ask them to do them again properly?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SERJOE wrote:
I’ve bought a pair last year and went to reputable boot fitters in London (profeet) to get them done(heated) . I am not an expert but i think they didn’t melt them properly. If someone here knows where else they have the machine to heat them ( I’m not willing to go to slush and rubble), or is it a good idea to go back to profeet with the receipt and ask them to do them again properly?
I'd go back with the receipt and discuss with Profeet, only look eslewhere if that doesn't give you satisfaction
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SERJOE, what makes you think they weren't done properly?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
they dont feel any different from before the melting and ive seen few photos of melted onces. Also in the few forums its explenad that they heat them and when u put ut leg is really hot. with me it felt like i was using the dryer conection. (
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SERJOE, ah, could be. Not enough Vs...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dave thanks 4 the help. I dont feel them right -is that not enaugh!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SERJOE, sorry, not being very helpful am I? Yes, If they're not comfy that's quite enough.

I would start by going back to ProFeet - but be careful who does the refitting - Hamish is IME excellent.

Be aware that IIRC ProFeet's guarantee is (or at least was) only for a year - although the fact that they (or at least used to) stop fitting ski boots may give you some leverage. I had some Tecnica Icons foamed by them and they honoured their guarantee as there hadn't been anyone available over the summer. They were extremely helpful and very keen to ensure I was happy.

But also, I would suggest that you need to consider just how much the HotForm concept can do. For a whole bunch of reasons I was a Tecnica fan for ages. Last year I switched to Nordica and whereas the Tecnicas always needed much work or foaming, the Nordicas are a much better natural fit (narrower heel box). I would say how comfortable they are but that's cos they're a size too big (just shows you how easily you can make a crap decision even with near 35 years experience...). the correct size would have needed a great deal of work. Aesthetically I would have preferred the Tecnicas...

I suspect the HotForm only makes a naturally good fit better. I doubt it gets you to the level of precision and fit that a foam job would. Note that Tecnica has dropped the technology (as far as I can see).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
they were natural fit out of the box . it had only 1 pressure point from the tongue which i sorted out myself(pair of sissors). All the others are just a metter of heating the thing and make it perfect. they r still comfortable to ride (whole week last year ) and the footbeds from profeet are beautiful but i still think that there is more from these boots.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SERJOE, sounds like they might be too big... Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, truth. And getting looser with each re-heat. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
they are on the big side(finger and a bit on the back of the shell) but as i got really wide chunky feet it comfortable inside and tight as hell all around. I’ve tried size down and i hardly stayed in them for 15 min in the shop. if they were too big i think i wouldn’t ware them for a week without any consequences to my feet?
Complex - r u saying not to re-heat them ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SERJOE, yes to not reheating them. The only 'heat moldable' liners worth having are Zip fits and Intuition liners. The ones you have in your boots are a waste of time heating, just ski in them.

As comprex says, each heat is just making them bigger because they pack down quicker. Heating them is like wearing them for two weeks. Your average stock liner is good for around 8-10 weeks of skiing, so why heat them at all?

The shell sounds around the right size with a 'finger and a bit' down the back. You should choose, if the boots are the right fit, buy a decent liner: Intuition or Zip Fit. Some clown will suggest foam liners but unless you're racing is a waste of time IMO.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the hotform liner system heats an element wire which runs in the middle of the foam of the liner, it has been a while since i did one but i don't seem to remember it getting hot, more warm than anything, if the lienr has taken a mould of the shell ie rivet marks around the ankle etc then it has been heated properly it depends on the foot shape as to how defined the mould is, if you have a slimer foot then the impression will be weaker than if you have a chunky higher volume foot

if the lienr isn't cutting it then as parlor has suggested intuition or zip fit liners will offer an alternative assuming the shell is a good size / shape for your foot

first thing to do is look at the lienr, if it is moulded [marks at rivets etc] then it is as good as it is going to get post a picture of the liner if you like

good luck
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM, I'm pretty sure you're right. They have this 'system' where you can plug batteries in to keep your feet warm on a cold day... when you first buy them they 'mould' them by plugging them in to a machine at an 'authorised retailer'.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM -exactly what i was thinking about the rivets. There are no signs of molding whatsoever. My feet are big so i guess they should be some markings. I have the cables to keep them warm and to dry them and they are really good. But the voltage is only 12 V which is not enaugh to heat them to the molding stage.
CEM do u know who have the right machine to mold them (i think is supplied by Technica only for retailers. I bought them from Slush but i cant trust them with it as i read in some forums that u can damage them if u leave them on the machine for longer.
Parlor -thanks for the advice Very Happy
snow conditions
SERJOE, where are you based? not that many places have the machine lockwoods had one.. it may be buried under a bench somewhere

the machine in store uses 24volts the heater/dryer uses 12volts. it may just be easier to heat the shells and allow the heat transefer to do the work on the liner, if it has been skiied in then the chances of it taking much more of a mould is slim...it may mould to the shell more but who cares it is about the mould to your foot
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy