Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vredestein Wintrac

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Spyderman, Cheers

D'oh I've only just realised that the 'rim diameter' was a selection box..what a muppett I am...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought a set of alloys and Wintrac Xtreme tyres from http://www.tyremen.co.uk/ they were very competitive and helpful and I'm really pleased with them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
groguk, I had the same experience with Tyremen, extremely helpful. They even spoke to Peugeot UK on my behalf to ask about tyre pressure sensors when my local Peugeot dealer were a bit clueless. Tyremen were slightly more expensive than MyTyres (who couldn't get the size I needed).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:
Interesting...

I ordered some 'snow tyres' from Micheldever last week, and based largely on this thread went for the Vredsteins, and asked for the snowtrac. They've actually fitted the Quatrac 2, which would appear to be an all-season tyre. It does have the M&S designation however.

Will that be good enough or should I go and complain?

Did you ask for winter tyres generally, or the Snowtrac specifically? I wouldn't be happy with the Quadtrac tyre if I wanted a winter tyre specifically for snow performance. Vredstein's own website damns the Quadtrac with faint praise ("adequate winter tyre"). If your place in Micheldever can't get hold of winter tyres for you try some online dealers such as tyremen.co.uk or mytyres.co.uk

I definitely asked for the snowtrac specifically!!

Ok I am going to get annoyed now...

Ok been on the phone and fair play to Micheldever they've been very helpful. Apparently they ordered Snowtrac 2s for me (3's not yet my size) - Vredestein supplied the Qtrac2s in error which were then fitted, as they were marked as 'For Bertie Bassett'. So now they're going back to V to see if they can supply the Snowtracs so we can get the right ones fitted asap.

DB & Others, thanks for all the advice, but given I'm out there for the season and will be doing a few 'airport runs' etc, then I think I'd prefer to have the snowtracs rather than the Qtracs.

let's see how this one pans out...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm still waiting to try out my Wintrac Xtremes as despite all the frost recently we now have rain, no snow Sad Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:
Interesting...

I ordered some 'snow tyres' from Micheldever last week, and based largely on this thread went for the Vredsteins, and asked for the snowtrac. They've actually fitted the Quatrac 2, which would appear to be an all-season tyre. It does have the M&S designation however.

Will that be good enough or should I go and complain?

Did you ask for winter tyres generally, or the Snowtrac specifically? I wouldn't be happy with the Quadtrac tyre if I wanted a winter tyre specifically for snow performance. Vredstein's own website damns the Quadtrac with faint praise ("adequate winter tyre"). If your place in Micheldever can't get hold of winter tyres for you try some online dealers such as tyremen.co.uk or mytyres.co.uk

I definitely asked for the snowtrac specifically!!

Ok I am going to get annoyed now...

Ok been on the phone and fair play to Micheldever they've been very helpful. Apparently they ordered Snowtrac 2s for me (3's not yet my size) - Vredestein supplied the Qtrac2s in error which were then fitted, as they were marked as 'For Bertie Bassett'. So now they're going back to V to see if they can supply the Snowtracs so we can get the right ones fitted asap.

DB & Others, thanks for all the advice, but given I'm out there for the season and will be doing a few 'airport runs' etc, then I think I'd prefer to have the snowtracs rather than the Qtracs.

let's see how this one pans out...

Tyretastic...

As posted above they're pinning the blame firmly on Vredestein, in terms of shipping the wrong tyre - apparently the fitter checked 'Vredestein - yep right ones' and fitted them. I didn't notice til I got home that they were Qtracs not Snowtracs. Still they got the Snowtrac2s in today and then swapped them over for me this arvo, so now the motor is fully pimped ready for the long drive south and to swan around on snowy stuff - shame about the driver wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett, Good result. Very Happy

Did you offer to buy the Qtracs off of them as a cheap secondhand part worn set? Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman wrote:
bertie bassett, Good result. Very Happy

Did you offer to buy the Qtracs off of them as a cheap secondhand part worn set? Toofy Grin

No - I've spent more than enough money in the last couple of weeks what with trips to some place in Bicester, liftpass etc, and with tartiflette being nearer 15 quid than 10 I need every bean I've got.

Nor did I charge them for my not inconsiderable time wasting, nor my round trip mileage (c. 100miles)

Still next time (now I understand the process / language / tech) a little more I will be order on t'internet and get my local independent garage to fit...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has to be said these tyres rock - drove up to Plan-Peisey last night after it had snowed all day and with pretty lame attempts at snow clearance (if any) on the access road, so was 'hard-packed' to say the least.

No need for chains, just drove a little bit gingerly up the hill and felt safe and secure at all times..

Now I'm a happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got mine arriving on Tuesday Smile 235/45/17's and only £432 a set for my Audi A6 Quattro Very Happy Now I want some snow over Christmas to play in...being in Kent maybe an issue but two weeks in the Chamonix Valley in late Feb / Mar should do the trick...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ps...got them from www.camskill.co.uk Very Happy They are excellent.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy