Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help with choice of slalom skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm considering bying new skis.
I've been skiing for about 11 years.
I weigh 140 lb (64 kg) and I'm 1.62 m tall (5.3 feet)
I go skiing about once a week usually.
I've been skiing for the last 2 seasons on Salomon Crossmax 10. 160 cm
This year I might have the oppertunity to participate in some races (Slalom and GS)
So i was considering buying slalom skis that I might use also on a normal skiing day.I ski mostly on piste .The thing is that the snow where i go tends to get soft starting noon. I feel that something shorter , wider, with a shorter turning radius than the Crossmax 10 would be more suited to these conditions (Cmax performs best on ice)
Is the atomic sl 11 a good choice for me? and how do I chosse the right length.
I'm also considering the salomon equipe v3 and the rossignol oversize s9.
Another question: can you ski wearing hard competition ski boots (with a flex index above 100), all day relatively comfortably?

Thx,
wissam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wissam, I'm not a racer, though I have a pair of s9 for some carving fun and workout.
I also use my Xwave10 boots (flex 110) for everything. They're quite old, very comfortable and I loosen the velcro and top clip for teaching.
Martin
ps. I know another Wissam, top bloke and a great musician.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied the 3V, the 9S Oversize and 9S World Cup (their race ski).
I thought the 9X Oversize had much better grip than the 3V. and just seemed more secure in the turn. The 9S WC was quite a bit different to the Oversize version, and if you skied it hard it gave a much more grippy and precise turn, but the moment that you eased up or got out of shape the ski was too lively for me so I went back to the Oversize version which was more forgiving of my poor technique. I skied the Oversize in 158cm and 165cm and preferred the 158 when skiing gates and the 165 when free skiing. As I'm a little taller and a fair bit heavier than you I would have thought the 158 was the right length for waht you want, but check that this ski is legal in whatever competition you plan to enter. I think this year's FIS rules state that slalom skis must be at least 165cm long.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wissam, welcome to snowHead snowheads snowHead Can you give us a snow report for your Lebanese resort(s) ? Open yet ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd like to thak all those who replied.
Yes, the resorts here in Lebanon are open although I haven't been skking this year yet.
Hopefully I'll go the comming week
for more info plz check
www.skileb.com
http://www.faraya-mzaar.com/
regards
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wissam, I would suggest the 9X Oversize together with the Atomic Metron:b5 and the Fischer RX8 as skis to try. The Nordica Doberman Pro SC is also an amazing slalom ski, but bring your top game for that one! The Fischer WC SC is also in that class, and a great ski.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy