Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
Those nice people at La Plagne have just sent me this video of the snow conditions
click here
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, Thanks for that - the snow looks unbelieveable. We're there tomorrow afternoon. Just can't wait. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Are you going to provide a translation? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some nice night time skiing tonight. Barstewards Toofy Grin

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Holy shoite. Film 3. Reasons to ski off season Shocked

http://pv.viewsurf.com/?id=60
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, Told you before Bellecote is for tourists wink snowHead Yesterday at each major lift we enjoyed free Cofffee hot chocholate or vin chaud along with a sekection of complimentary pastries to celebrate the opening of Paradiski again Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, Bellecote may be for tourists but still a bit hard to avoid at times. Glad to see you spent yesterday skiing and eating to celebrate the opening of the Vanoise as opposed to any other day where you ski and e............ wink Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, but the difference is I have only spent €20 in 2 days skiing Very Happy

Serious snow report bit, it's all brilliant both in LP and LA but as said elsewhere exposed slopes are a bit thin because of the high winds of last week.
Only real duff bit so far is Plagne 1800 which has lots of small stones in the snow. I guess from all the building work which has led to reshaping of the pistes, although covered in top soil and grass seed there were still lots of shale/soil patches in August . (Normally its all grass) Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some new news and photos up on RGs site. Not all translated yet to English but hey who cares the photos look great Madeye-Smiley

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Intrigued as to this posting on RG's site with a link ot a video showing a ski down the North face of the bellecote but the start shows a cable car but there ain't one up the Bellecote Glacier?

http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?p=38497#p38497
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller, isn't that the gondola that takes you up to the Bellecote glacier?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, Yeah but I thought the north face was over th3 top of the glacier and down the back. From the gondola you have to get another chair and then climb up to get to the top to then ski of the back. They look like they are skiing into the valley between Roche Del Mio and the Glacier?

I am sure snowcrazy will be along shortly to clarify.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, It looks like they have maybe joined two different shoots together. Very hard to be sure where it is from the angle they filmed at. The start is not the north face for sure, to near the gondala, looks like maybe cable couloir or something like that then down into the valley but also some bits do look like the big powder field over the back. It is from 2007, not recent anyway according to the upload date. The snow was not that good last Tuesday from what I was told and after the wind today, it cannot be worth another trip until it snows again.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The start is definately the valley between the roche de mio and the glacier. Coming down from the top of the Roche torwards the glacier.

Then it does look like the North Face, however quite far left and not coming down the steepest section. But then agaon they don't show the start so perhaps they are quite far down when the filming starts.

I do love the NF of the Bellcote...in the right conditions and dropping in from the top it's a amazing run Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
News coming in of 2 bodies being found on the Champagny side today. Reasons not known but they had been out on the slope overnight and it doesn't seem like an avalanche?

http://www.ledauphine.com/hors-piste-les-deux-jeunes-belges-auraient-saute-une-barre-rocheuse-deux-surfeurs-retrouves-morts-@/index.jspz?chaine=26&article=85435
ski holidays
Some photos from La Plagne today. Went over from Les Arcs and down to Montchavin for lunch. Great lunch in La Ferme du Cesar. Then back up to Dod Rond and did Pierre Blanche back to the Vanoise dipping of down Pelles. Pierre is still my favorite run in the whole of Paradski but was getting a bit bare today, with quite a few stones coming through.

Montchavin and the 'icy wall of death'

Montchavin again
latest report
Posted this on Les Arcs thread last week but relevant to here to................................

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43863&start=400#1127162

Snow report for Les Arcs will simply read.........I went to La Plagne for the day

Dropped the kids down in 1950 for ski school and decided to time ourselves to Vanoise. From Marmotte we can either take Bois De L'Ours and that awful blue to Vanoise or take Marmotte and Aracubelle and have a blast from Transarc to Vanoise. It was -11 @ 9.30am by Aracubelle. Did the latter and from 1950 to Vanosie was 30 mins. Didn't take L'ours to Vanosie took the next at 9.45am it was so icy

From Vanoise we skied to Plan Bois in les Coches. Not sure why they have built another gondola in Les Coches? Went across to Plagne Bellecote and saw a 15 minute queue for the Roche bubble and no queue for the chair that goes the same way . Took the chair, came back down Les Sources. The steep bit was so icy , lots at the top of it wondering why, oh why did they come this way. Runs in that area thoguh were in very good nick. Big queues for the glacier but most runs up there shut.

Then went over to Plagne 1800 and up the chair there and down to La Roche for lunch. The red to La Roche was getting a bit stony Lovely lunch in La Roche.. Back the across to Montchavin. Pierre Blanche was very, very stony. Had time and skis need a service so from Montchavin we went back up and did Pierre Blanche again. La Plagne was nice and quiet.

Met child minder and kids at Vanosie and skied back. Kids have found a little gem in the bowl, not sure if it new. As you come of transacr, head back toward Peisey. On the first blue to the right there is a boarder cross run. Great fun, kids beat me . Kids did really well in ski school. The 8 + 10 year old did the run from the top of the glacier down to Villarogier this morning in lessons. Not bad. All 3 went up a level.

Overall conditions have not changed. Sun was out today, but still very cold. My feet were dying by the end. New snow is needed but I don't think any is forecast. Plenty of stock piles of man made so they will start pushing that out tomorrow for the people arriving for next week.

Been a great week, big boot problems, now sorted but so cold First time skiing without using a TO and owning the place changes that again. Been good though. Lessons learnt, might mention them when I get back.

Got to go mrsfatcontroller shouting at me for being on computer as packing and cleaning needs to be done. Decision in the morning whether to drive straight home or stop on route. Will decide in the morning.
snow report
Some more photos from last week.

Les Coches

Les Coches again

Arpette Restaurant? Top of Pierre Blanches

Pierre Blanche
ski holidays
Some new photos form Anne over on RG's site. Cool

http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?p=39597#p39597
snow report
Some more new photos over at RG's.

http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2023&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1890
snow report
I am going to La plagne in two weeks to the day..... did you SEE that pic of the dump they've just had??!?!

Can't wait!! Laughing NehNeh Laughing snowHead
snow report
Nice photo of Annes pussy Embarassed

http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?p=39712#p39712

Also some more photos from someones recent trip to La Plagne

http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/viewtopic.php?p=39695#p39695
snow report
Sensational conditions today...
Absolutely baltic this morning on the way up from Champagny, but super-deep fluffy powder in the Couloir Cairn on the Bellecote:

And 800m of perfect powder down the Chiserette to Champagny-le-Haut:

Due to stay cold and sunny this week so make the most of it!!!
snow conditions
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy