Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - Weather Forecast - Who to trust!!!

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to St Anton tomorrow, and the snow conditions do look brilliant, nearly a metre in the town, and 82/83 lifts open.

However I'm trying to find the weather forecasdt for next week, and everywhere I look It's different!

The BBC say sun and great visibility whereas other places say snow showers, 45kmh winds and freezing temperatures!!

Who knows the truth!? Blizzard or bliss?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off to the airport... I guess I'll find out what the weather is soon enough then!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Let us know what it's like when you get back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SFL, you'll probably find both, there's a high pressure front settled over europe at the moment, so you'll get clear conditions and bright sunshine but you could also get extreme cold.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Anton had 25cm of fresh snow in the last 24 hrs, SuperFrank should have a good week.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Absolutely ridiculously brilliant week.

Monday morning there was ankel deep powder on all pistes. Tues and Weds were perfect conditions, blue skies, sun. Went to Lech + Zurs on Weds - definately worht a go, they've got bloody heated chairlifts in lech! Thursday it snowed again, and winds got up to 80kmh, most of the place was shut. Friday and Saturday were back to normal, I skied in a rugby shirt yesterday - and was not cold.

However - the best bit about this amazing resort is the Apres Ski - you can't fail to have a great time (and get pissed out of your brains) at the mooservirt/krazy kangaruh on the piste. T-dancing, nudity, europop and loud singing even when you don't know the words!

In the town, the Underground, picdilly, bobo's, bar cuba, Scotty's bar and (argh forgoten the name - Kanderas ? or similar) are all great bars/discos/nightspots.

I went with Ski World and stayed at Chalet Pia, can't recommend either highly enough.

I want to go back tomorrow!

(Friedrichshafen airport is a hole)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SuperFrankLampard, are there any tea shops?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm sure there's some sort of alcohloic tea. There is green and red beer, all colours of vodka, frozen maggharitas, I suspect the odd cafe may sell tea.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SuperFrankLampard, 1 week and counting until I'm out there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I hope there's another dumping of snow between then and now - between mon>thurs there was perfect snow, after a bit of rain and cloud (warm nights) the snow started disappearing fast, lots of rocks appearing in the pm, but hey, less time on the slopes allows more time in the KK/Mooserwit, you cant lose!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim, don't worry there is alcoholic tea available. Jagertee, made with Rum or schnapps, at 40% proof should be adequate. It's not great with milk and two sugars however. In fact it's not great full stop!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
B00thy wrote:
Jonpim, don't worry there is alcoholic tea available. Jagertee, made with Rum or schnapps, at 40% proof should be adequate....

Adequate? Close to heaven.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have to wait till 5th March before I get to go, I've been watching webcams everyday and all I keep seeing is clear skies and sunshine. I hope there will be a huge dump of snow mid to end feb, just in time for me.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm heading out there this Sunday 16th - anyone know what the most recent conditions are like??? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
no snow since january 6 so big dump needed. still seems to be plenty on upper slopes.going myself on saturday so fingers crossed.
snow conditions
Last sunday (~10 days ago),when we arrived, we went into town and had a massive snow ball fight, powder everywhere, shin deep. The Sunday that we left there was not a piece of snow left in the town, some iced over snow, but it's amazing how quickly it disappears in warm weather, you guys need a big dumping soon.
snow conditions
we're going 26 feb - cant wait, this place sounds so cool. hope there's plenty of snow between now and feb though!
snow conditions
Hi All, I'm new to the group. Just googled in to this thread looking for info on St. Anton.. will be going there next weeks. I might be a bit retarded but I don't see any dates for the postings, so I can't tell if this thread pertains to current season 2006 or some previous season. Anyway, info on late conditions in St. Anton would be appreciated. Cheers.
snow report
Aha, it looks like you need to login to see the posting dates etc... duh! .. fortunately anyway, it looks like this thread is from last year... gotta hope conditions are better now than they were same time a year ago
ski holidays
Skier123, welcome! Do a search for St Anton (under user facilities, search) there's bound to be some recent info somewhere...
snow report
Thanks for the tip PG. Just checked this link: http://www.pistetopowder.com/ .. **Record snowfall for this season** .. sounds.. Krazy!
snow conditions
Just got back last night

50cm fell on Wednesday on average including 70cm in some places

When we left at about 1pm the police had just opened the pass.

For the last week there was so much snow that less than half the resort was open. On Thursday snow arrived from the wrong direction, bringing with it a warm front (or vice versa) and rain.

More snow is forecast (it was snowing as we left) which will according to our landlord start to clear up on Monday. He reckons the best day next week will be Thursday although the resort's TV channel says totally sunny Monday.
snow conditions
I was there for the first week of March and there was too much snow too. The house we were staying in Pettneu had over 1m of snow in the roof.

Out of the 7 days we had only 2 morning with sunshine. The rest was dense fog or snow. We drove to Zurs and Lech to do the White Ring twice. Roads were OK as we had a 4x4.

We then went to Sellaronda and had nothing but sunshine continuously for 5 days. Best skiing experience there so.

I suppose it is like comparing the 20km unidirection White Ring in St Anton with the 40km bi-directional SellaRonda circuit. For pure skiing the latter is unbeatable but if you want your bum on heated seat and seeing how rich skiers paying 1000 Euro per night then St Anton is the place to be.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy