Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Grey Polarized Lens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I'm currently looking at buying a new pair of goggles and was looking at Oakley Wisdoms with polarized lenses.

I can see that you can get them in Hi-Amber and VR28 (both for high vis conditions) but there is also the Grey Polarized Lens which doesnt seem to have any sort of rating at all?!

Anybody know what the score is with that lens? what conditions is it designed for? and is it any good?

Cheers,

Paul
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulmclean85, Hi Paul. I didn't know they did a grey. If it's not been rated, are you sure it's not a clear polorised lens?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry Paul, can't tell you about the Grey lens but i'd highly reccomend the Hi-Yellow Iridium lens. Fantastic in all conditions
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the HI-yellow and HI-orange and VR28 are all good for low light to flat light to cloudy days etc....
you will find the grey lens to be better suited for bright sunny days.

that being said, I rarely use 'bright,sunny' lens anymore. too often the weather changes and you get caught with goggles that are too dark to see out of. I have even found during sunny times, when skiing in shaded areas (tree runs, and even on piste) that in the shadows, the lenses are too dark to see properly

stick to the HI-orange for most days (better definition than yellow imo), if its going to be a fairly sunny day, go for the VR28

personally I use an equivalent of the persimmon lens for most days,
when i know it will be mostly sunny, and in spring skiing i use one very similar to the fire iridium
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy