Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stolen Vist skis.

Poster: A snowHead
Last night I had a pair of VIST 191cm race skis with 816 bindings stolen out of the back of my trailer. As the importer, only 3 pairs of this ski has been imported into the UK. 1 pair has gone to a sponsored racer (Matin Trotter) and the other pair is at out Scotland Warehouse.

I'm hopeing the theiving scum slit their throats on the razer sharp edges or break their necks on the skis. Sorry if I offend any super pro human rights people but in this day and age, things are tough enough without scum taking things that are not theirs.

Anyway.....if anybody gets offered 191cm VIST GS race skis please let me know who and where etc so I can break their legs.

PS don't buy them, just hunt the sellers and their familys and make them suffer a slow and painful death.

Love you all. kisses and hugs etc etc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Countdown until joke post on Sell And Exchange subforum, 10... 9...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kiwi1, Are you based in the UK now or Chamonix, ie where was the theft ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kiwi1, I'd keep an eye on eBay if I were you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
B@stards.... sorry for the bad word, but that's what they are. i had my bike stolen last year and it cost me a flippin fortune to replace Sad

hope they get caught and castrated with said skis
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you know any scousers with a penchant for Vist skis?

Let me think..........................
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard wrote:
kiwi1, I'd keep an eye on eBay if I were you.

Ditto..and get people in the fridges to keep an eye out
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiwi1, What graphics are on them ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rjs, Its grey ones with dark grey (almost black) stripe and vist writen in white on the tips and GS Race writen on the tails. Bindings were in a seperate red vist box but are 816PROs white, black and red.

http://www.junkigear.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=363

Frosty, still in the UK (West Yorks), leave for Cham on the 3rd December.

Police got a great finger print for some glove packaging which they said was rare so fingers crossed I'll be able to cut the Fitzwilliams fingers off soon.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar better have a good alibi given his apprent penchant for Vist product.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, Laughing Last night I was in my shed stroking my 185cm Vist GS race skis with 816 bindings...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cunning: rob@rar, just take an inch or so off each end of OP's skis, and nobody would ever realise they are one and the same...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kiwi1 wrote:
still in the UK (West Yorks), leave for Cham on the 3rd December..

Have you got a sign written trailer with vist on? if so spotted you tuesday
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
daehwons, sure have although it's now lacking good locks so have set up poison arrow trap with angry snakes instead.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kiwi1, Theiving bloody scumbags - I hope they are found somewhere. There can't be that many bases to cover to get the skiing underworld on your side - there must be enough people here on other skiing forums, and social networking sites to spread the word across the UK very quickly. In fact its a wonder that ebay doesn't have a thefts reported site that bidders could check items against before bidding.
snow report
kiwi1, I shall keep my eye open at Cas on Saturday night wink
snow conditions
Megamum, Thanks. I'm hoping they won't get reported on e-bay as I'd buy them and collect in person Toofy Grin (armed with a wee baseball bat)
latest report
kiwi1, dont hit them with the bat, wrap it in wire wool and tabasco sauce and shove it right up their.......................................................
ski holidays
kiwi1, Did they have a serial number on them? My Elan's carry one on each ski - different where they were paired up - I've made a note of them. If your missing skis are like rocking horse doofers in the UK, my guess is they are not over common on the continent either. Snowheads are about to disappear all over the UK and Europe on their hols and could look out for them if they had an identifying mark on them like a registration number. The Vist mark is fairly distinctive and these sound a longish pair to look out for on ski racks outside restaurants. You could also take a photo of the pair still in the warehouse so we had a def. picture in our minds to look out for.
ski holidays
Megamum, there are only three pairs in the country.

If you spot a pair, they're probably the ones. wink
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, Yes, already noted - no-one will be able to use them in the UK, however, they could easily disappear abroad through an airport in a ski bag - it might be worth reporting the theft to local airports who might be searching luggage - do they check in ski bags visually? Hence suggesting they could be spotted on the continent if not overly common there either
ski holidays
kiwi1, bvgger. I have a pair of 191cm Rossi 9XTi worldcups that you are welcome to paint if you like.

What a pointless theft. Not exactly going to be in huge demand are they? Not exactly mainstream? And (hopefully) not stolen to order.
snow conditions
David Murdoch, I think its more of a case of "they look nice I'll have them".
ski holidays
kiwi1, Sounds like an opportunist scumbag, is it shiny then I will take it. Will you have some white dots to test in Cham Madeye-Smiley
snow report
On the same topic how about this security system:

http://www.surfboard-tracker.com/

Can retro fit to surf boards (not sure how that would work with ski laminates), best potential is at construction design...

(no involvement whatsoever, ahem, but I do know they would appreciate your comments)
snow conditions
jbob, yup Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
kiwi1, to$$er$ and not even clever ones at that, why nick something so unique. Hope you catch the gits.
ski holidays
Nice, just got my none super duper pass. See you on the field of honour.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When I started skiing in Scotland a couple of hundred years ago there were some skis being made in Scotland, cant remember the name!
ski holidays
The motor industry has a system that deploys miro dots through the voids of the machines such as into oil and fluid areas, and dogs and cats can have microchips fitted - I'm surprised a tracker delivering a unique ID code that could ping a scanner couldn't be incorporated into the laminate structure of a high value ski
ski holidays
Megamum, RFID tags are routinely permanently incorporated into shoes during manufacture for the prevention of shoplifting. There is a proposal for there use in luggage.
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
When I started skiing in Scotland a couple of hundred years ago there were some skis being made in Scotland, cant remember the name!
Vielhaber... nobody bothered stealing those!
ski holidays
Sorry to hear that mate - a buddy just had his garage broken into and skis in plastic stolen too Sad Hope you get some swift and painful vengance.
snow report
kiwi1, sorry to hear about thieving scumbags. It think it might help if you posted a picture of the skis (with bindings on) for all of us to know exactly what to look out for.
snow report
Nick L, He has posted a picture.
ski holidays
RFID will probably be used in just about everything in the future tor track items either for stock control, anti theft or some other big brother antics.....

problem is it only identifies an item once recovered when stolen...

Dragons den here I come with "GPS ski tracker" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though it probaby won't be long before someone has the idea to attach RFID to a ski and track it as it goes through the automatic lift gates, will probably start with hire skis.
latest report
kiwi1, sorry to hear about that. Those VISTs are really nice skis.....but several people can vouch for my being in Bozeman, Montana last night Smile
Good luck catching the dirtbag.
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
The motor industry has a system that deploys miro dots through the voids of the machines such as into oil and fluid areas, and dogs and cats can have microchips fitted - I'm surprised a tracker delivering a unique ID code that could ping a scanner couldn't be incorporated into the laminate structure of a high value ski

It's funny you should say that. RFID chips will of course be incorporated into all Carradan skis....
ski holidays
Martin Bell wrote:
RFID chips will of course be incorporated into all Carradan skis....
... and what are they spending the remaining $18,999 on?
ski holidays
Martin Bell, Does Carradan know about Harrods and the £40,000 Lacroix Skis? (You can have 'em with an RFID for £40,000.46). Think Carradan prices need to go up. Looking a bit cheap now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy