Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Speed Ferries Goes into administration

Poster: A snowHead
Dont know what is going on but their website has a statement..
http://www.speedferries.com/
Quote:
As the actions of the Boulogne Port authorities are now proven to be unpredictable and inconsistent with their given guarantees, SpeedFerries finds itself in a position where it is unable to inform its customers, employees or business partners, of a firm date for the resumption of services

UPDATE

Quote:
Notice to all Customers: Speedferries Limited (in Administration)The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Joint Administrators, A Swarbrick and T Burton, who act as agents of the Company only and without personal liability.

What has happened?
On 12 November 2008, on the application of the Directors, the High Court of Justice, Chancery Division, made an an Administration Order in relation to Speedferries Limited. Angela Swarbrick and Tom Burton of Ernst & Young LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators of Speedferries Limited.

The Administration is necessary because of Speedferries financial position and to ensure the best interests of creditors and customers are served. The Administrators are currently exploring the option of selling the business as a going concern.

Customers

Crossings have been cancelled for 14, 15 and 16 November 2008 and customers are asked to wait for further information on future crossings and to keep any pre-booked tickets.

We will continue to keep you updated with developments in respect of the long term plans for Speedferries and notify you as soon as possible via the Company website if changes are proposed to be made which will affect your current position.

Full statement at www.speedferries.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 13-11-08 18:52; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, I posted this thread last weekend which might explain things.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=44294&highlight=
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From the Financial Times

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/32397a1c-ad35-11dd-971e-000077b07658.html

SpeedFerries' vessel seized
By Robert Wright

Published: November 8 2008 02:00 | Last updated: November 8 2008 02:00

SpeedFerries, which runs a high-speed ferry between Dover and Boulogne, looks set to become a casualty of high fuel prices and falling demand after its only vessel was seized by port authorities.

The action on Thursday by the Port of Boulogne against Speed One has halted the service offered by the company, which started operations in May 2004 and is owned by Curt Stavis, a Danish entrepreneur.

The company said the arrest for non-payment of port dues and taxes had been "totally unexpected". It had planned to present a proposal to resolve the issues over the outstanding fees and taxes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The port of dover has also started proceedings for unpaid taxes as well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, Missed that one, I guess that the situation may go some way to explaining the Tunnel being fully booked on some crossings Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, glad we got all our tunnel bookings in early then Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The tunnel is still working at reduced capcity and the weekend of the 14th Feb was predicted to a record breaker in term of traffic due to the common half term combined with valetines day (whatever that is ?) Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, I think the tunnel have been marking certain rioutes as full long before the problem with Speedferries.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, We have been trying to make a booking on the website which suddenly went from having plenty of availability to showing fully booked. We spoke to customer services and they advised that they had frozen bookings on certain days, because they were having to make changes to times on bookings already made, but that some spaces should become available within the next week and to keep an eye on website.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevinrhead, fortunately my crossings for the winter are already booked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevinrhead wrote:
Helen Beaumont, We have been trying to make a booking on the website which suddenly went from having plenty of availability to showing fully booked. We spoke to customer services and they advised that they had frozen bookings on certain days, because they were having to make changes to times on bookings already made, but that some spaces should become available within the next week and to keep an eye on website.

Booking system was opened again at the end of last week, I had aslo been waiting and managed to get a crossing booked for the 19th but there were only a couple of slots left. I would give the booking line a call rather than delay any longer.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My tunnel crossing for the 15th Feb got changed this week, so I guess they are not expecting to have the fire damaged tunnel back in operation by then. They are reallocatting the bookings onto the reduced number of trains hence the sudden non availabilty. if people cancel then some may become free. book asap if poss.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
See my opening post for an update. Speed ferries have gone into administration
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing,

Not surprised...

probably will not help prices so get in quick...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Finally gone see here
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=45223&highlight=
snow report
Boredsurfing, Such a shame, this was a neat service and often the cheapest way to get the car accross. These days its impossible to get onto the flight deck of aeroplanes for a visit during the flight so I took the opportunity last year to ask if I could go up on the bridge with my kids. The Captain happily let the three of us go up and we were there until we arrived in France, great explanation of the instruments, navigation equipment, my kids loved the radar. They were beaming when we left.
snow report
Frosty, Wow, I never thought of asking, well done you! Very Happy
snow conditions
Frosty, that sounds great. I'm sad to see them go, too. On our last trip a young customer service attendant dealt so well, and with such competence and good humour, with a small lost child who was copiously sick all over her that I was moved to send an appreciative email when I got back. Fat lot of good that did. Would have done more good if I had always travelled with them rather than often going on eurotunnel. Embarassed But then they need all the revenue they can get, too.

I have the forms from Tesco Visa to try to get a refund on my three unused crossing tickets. I've used three from my supersaver. The credit card companies will be taking a bashing from all these failed companies.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy