Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please rate my equipment...

Poster: A snowHead
This is what I plan to buy:

Head Xenon Xi 6.0 09
HEAD RF 11 binding
Salomon's Performa X4 boot
Salomon poles

I would rate my skill level as progressive intermediate working for pro.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Photos first please.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
????

It is either suitable for you or not..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was wondering what this post was about, skis and stuff - phew! Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would rate it 0/10 for a World Cup athlete.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fess wrote:
This is what I plan to buy:

Head Xenon Xi 6.0 09
HEAD RF 11 binding
Salomon's Performa X4 boot
Salomon poles

You may wish to hear what Whitegold has to say.

He is an intermediate skier from Basildon who has owned Head skis in the past.

He also knows all the North American terminology.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fess wrote:

Puzzled

Sorry if you are that good you should know more about equipment then allot of us in here. Shocked

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 13-11-08 16:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kaiser, oh good, I thought it was just my smutty mind. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fess, welcome to snowHeads. If you want some serious input, you'll need to give further information eg height, weight, precisely what you mean by 'progressive intermediate' ie what sort of skiing you do and where (on piste, off-piste, racing, whatever) and what you mean by 'working for pro' - does this mean you're a professional skier's PA, or what? wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry, in what context do you mean "no more" Puzzled

Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"know more"
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes..didn't mean to be so glib but what is rate my skis...??

It doesn't matter whether they are the coolest thing since slice-bread or vice-versa... if they work for you that is the most important thing.

FWIW, I know nothing about those models either but I am sure someone will do on here
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fess, welcome to snowHead !

Unfortunately, 'intermediate' is no longer a term that is recognized on this website. If you would care to take a look here and choose the most appropriate grade we may have more chance of helping you out.

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB wrote:
"know more"

Thanks, my typo'
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Need pictures....If you show me yours I show you mine...
snow conditions
Is it possible to get your equipment rated?

I know the Mrs is keen for me to go fatter and longer. But I was wondering if stiffness needs to be a factor too.
snow report
JT wrote:
Yes..didn't mean to be so glib but what is rate my skis...??

"Tell me what I have bought. What should I expect?"

Quote:

It doesn't matter whether they are the coolest thing since slice-bread or vice-versa... if they work for you that is the most important thing.

You have just eliminated half the equipment threads on here.
ski holidays
But what colour are they ?
snow report
comprex,
Quote:

"Tell me what I have bought. What should I expect?"

Oh lordy, I remember asking more or less just that, in one of my earliest posts. Embarassed Embarassed I can't find it at the moment, was checking to see just how stupid a question it was.
latest report
Hurtle, it's part of the induction rite, not to worry. I hope we haven't scared fess away tho.
ski holidays
Waiting for fess to come back... Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Thanks for skisimon and hurtle for clearing things up Very Happy . So here is more detailed info: I am 55kg (110lb), my skill level according to snowheads is 'Incompetent Knobhead', my skiing style is carving (ie. high speed and medium turns along the way), i do it on groomed slopes (so i need skis stable when i fly onto ice), and by working for pro i meant for proffesional skils, nor professional ski career. Does that help guys?
Yeah and skis are blue. But looks isn't the most important for me
latest report
Blue are good Very Happy
latest report
fess, is this for skiing at Blue? You may wish to talk to Ghost.

fess wrote:
. But looks isn't the most important for me

All the girls say that.
ski holidays
comprex, what do you mean by skiing at blue?
snow report
http://www.bluemountain.ca/
snow conditions
High Speed carving with a penchant for ice..?

Stockli Stormrider XL's get my vote..not sure how easy there are to source in Canada, being a Swiss ski.

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=35977

At your weight maybe the 174....but get the right lenght and they will fly...get it too wrong and they'll not be forgiving, so stay away from the 184, IMV
ski holidays
I get on very nicely with my old Atomic GS11s, they just love to carve and think ice just makes it better
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT, (s)he's on smaller hills than that, if (s)he is skiing in Ontario. 200-300m vertical, eh? The Laser SC might be appropriate.
snow report
fess, ... welcome to snowHeads .... snowHead

I can tell you're going to have fun on here .... Laughing

Stoeckli Stormrider XL get another vote from me ... they are SUPER .... !
ski holidays
BernardC, you guys are funny.

With those skis fess either flies to get to all skiing or makes 15 turns per lift ride on anything within driving distance of Toronto.
ski holidays
comprex, They'll straightline as well Laughing Laughing but to be fair...we don't know the hills and it isn't clear the hills are small.

We are used to 1000mtrs vert...minimum....isn't everybody..? wink
snow report
JT, well, that's true. We still haven't heard from fess, and where (s?)he skis.
ski holidays
comprex, i do ski in ontario, but i will go up to quebec twice this season for one week (mt.tremblant to be exact) + i'm on the school ski team, and we gonna go QC too.
btw, i like this one:
Quote:

With those skis fess either flies to get to all skiing or makes 15 turns per lift ride on anything within driving distance of Toronto. Very Happy
ski holidays
fess, sounds reasonable. I expect you will outgrow those skis (and those boots) very fast, so not spending much this season is probably quite a factor. Have you spoken to any of the team coaches to see what they suggest?

I think you will want skis at the level of Xenon 8/10 and even Supershape before you actually outgrow the ones you plan on getting now*, and certainly long before you outgrow the boots. Wanting new skis is perfectly fine: it provides motivation to demo like crazy and find what really works for you. (Or not).

*Like by the middle of your first week at Tremblant.
latest report
fess, do you ski more SL or GS?
latest report
comprex, i did speak to team coaches nad they suggest X-wings. but i'm not a big fan of salomon skis + my budget is limited, so i don't want shitty wings. skis i'm buying are for one season, after my brother will use them. besides, instead of salomon boot i thought 'bout this one: http://www.levelninesports.com/head-edge-sh3-trs-blue-ski-boots-260-p-3866.html . what do you think?

skisimon, not sure whatyou meant by SL and GS Puzzled[/code]
ski holidays
Slalom or Giant Slalom. As you mentioned ski teams I went into coach mode and automatically thought of gates. Little Angel

For boots, I had a good boot fitter when I got my first pair. His advice, and it is advice I still hold dear, decide what type of boot is most suitable, then just find the boot that fits best, regardless of what model it is - if it has the right flex and design for your needs, and it fits and is fitted, then you'll have a good boot. If you decide on a boot, even if it is aimed at the right type of skiing, if it isn't the right size/shape for your foot, and if it isn't fitted properly it'll be bloody awful.

PS. Couldn't agree more about Salomon - I took a couple of pairs out to demo and they were flapping everywhere (I can see why they call them x-wings). I was giving 'em a good thrashing though.
latest report
i suppose it is more GS. on provincial school level we do blacks/double blacks with handfull of flags between the lines.
thanks for you're advice about ski boots. but i've been to a ski store and almost every ski boot suited me just fine (except for nordica). i also saw those heads i'm thinking of, and they are nice too. still i want to buy boots online cuz' it's so much cheeper
snow report
fess wrote:
i suppose it is more GS. on provincial school level we do blacks/double blacks with handfull of flags between the lines.
thanks for you're advice about ski boots. but i've been to a ski store and almost every ski boot suited me just fine (except for nordica). i also saw those heads i'm thinking of, and they are nice too. still i want to buy boots online cuz' it's so much cheeper

If that's really true, get Langes.

By far the best resale value in your neck of the woods.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy