Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Worth waiting until Jan?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a bit of a dilemma for me.
I'm desperate to go skiing and Dec 27th - 3rd Jan is my first bit of available holiday.
However, I guess that everyone else thinks that way too. I've seen some chalets that are half price the following week. Maybe I should be patient and save money.
What do you think?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go for 2 weeks, from Dec 27 to Jan 10.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tomstickland, I would always go the first week you can get off after New year.

Go the week you list and you get hit by the double whammy of high prices and overcrowded resorts.

Why pay extra to spend more time in lift queues - I know some people have no choice, but when you do Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tomstickland, definitely wait till after New Year. With each day that passes the snow levels are likely to go up, and prices and life queues down. You'd be mad to go at New Year if you can wait till early Jan.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have booked a chalet in Arc 2000 over New Year. Paid £1000.00 per person. You can stay in tha same chalet w/c 4th Jan for £300.00 per person !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As frustrating as it must seem, delaying until first week of Jan will save you a big wheelbarrow full of money. The New Year week will be 1) very expensive & 2) very busy. There are some amazing bargains to be had for 1st week of Jan. Do a web search and be amazed. The money you save could possibly fund another ski trip later in the year. Good luck & let us know what you decide to do. Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thing is, I can probably afford to go skiing 3 times this year. I've saved the money to do so. So I run into the problem of using up holiday time rather than money. Hence new year plan.

I've found a pretty good offer in the Portes Du Soleil for the new year week too.

However, patience is a virtue and I'll have to look into the savings in more detail.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tomstickland, Hi Tom Very Happy as you've seen, finding what you would like for NY week isn't easy and isn't cheap, but waiting until the following week (which really isn't that long....) will give you cheaper prices, more availability, less crowds etc., - much depends on whether you really want to ski at NY regardless of the above, or whether you can wait a week or even two - I may be shooting myself in the foot wink but you did ask.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, I'm off to ponder for the weekend. At the moment I'm 80:20 yes for going away that week. I don't have unlimited time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm in a similar situation for most years. Although I have much vacation time, I can't take them very close to each other. (or they miss me too much in the office!)

So, taking the big public holidays period is always a way to maximize snow time. But the drawbacks, as mentioned, are crowds and cost. I've since adopted a policy of not booking anything and just wait for any last minute cancellations at reduced prices. So some years I didn't hit any and didn't get to ski X'mas/NY. And that's fine for me. For the years I got lucky, I managed to ski for a more "normal" cost than the super-inflated price of "super-peak season".

The crowded part, I can't help it. So I got motivated to ski terrain others avoid: off the side of the piste, bumps, in the trees, etc.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, after thinking about it for while I've booked!
Anniepen has been very patient and helpful. I always end up with a mildy obsessive compulsive activity involving comparing every ferry/tunnel/flight/transfer/airport parking/car hire/train combination possible.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd NEVER go on holiday during school holidays. Apart from the fact it's double the price, everywhere is crazy busy...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tomstickland wrote:
Well, after thinking about it for while I've booked!
Anniepen has been very patient and helpful. I always end up with a mildy obsessive compulsive activity involving comparing every ferry/tunnel/flight/transfer/airport parking/car hire/train combination possible.

Thanks! Blush My pleasure

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 20-11-08 19:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Apart from the fact it's double the price

I've not paid double the price though. I went skiing in Italy one new year and it wasn't excessively crowded.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy