Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for weekend with nippers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

Just moved to the UK from the US and I want to take two of my kids skiing for a weekend this season. They are 7 and 5 and can both ski quite well - the 7 year old is happy on a single black, the 5 year old is better on blues. I lived in Chamonix for two years eons ago and loved it so I know the alps a little.

I can fly to geneva on airmiles and planned to rent a car. I am looking for a suitable resort within max 2 hours drive of geneva. Does not need to be huge but enough blues and reds for two days without getting bored. We probably do not need to go to one of the mega resorts as we need a "cheaper" lift pass and do not need to pay top dollar for lots of runs we will not get too.

Also - would be great if anyone knew a nice low cost hotel; you know, warm, french, past its prime but friendly. We are used to all sharing a room and having a laugh. Let the nippers rip!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
leftleg, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Clusaz is really nice and only about an hour drive from Geneva. Could you fly to Salzburg on miles, then you would have the whole ski amade to play with, that is also only an hour drive, just a thought!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Contramines - nestling in the shadow of Mt Blanc, there's a nice little snow-sure micro climate, and all about 90 mins from GVA

CW
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morzine is a pretty and traditional town into which skiing has been incorporated and where the locals are vey welcoming (sorry, it's a generalisation but the French can be a little forbidding) It's very child friendly, on and off mountain, day and night and has lots of tea shops, a sports complex and a national ice hockey team if you're stuck for something else to do. There are typical alpine hotels all over the town (google the website and you will see just how many, plus unusually for France, unlike Austria, the standard and cleanliness are pretty good for little cost) and many have indoor or outdoor (heated) pools. The Pleney ski area would accommodate the differing skills of both kids and there are plenty of mountain restaurants with eay access for lunch/coffee/tea meetings up. It's only an hour's drive from Geneva and as you will have a car, Les Gets, Avoriaz and the whole PduS area are on hand (they are by lift link too but with a car you can more easily pick somewhere else for a change) We've stayed there often including with a party of 12 ranging from 3-60 in age and have never found the hotels or restaurants in the evenings anything but wonderfully welcoming and accommodating. My only reservation about the place is that is a second home town for a lot of Brits and some can be of the braying variety but a) that's France and b) as you're with your youngsters your paths are not likely to cross by the time the braying brits are in full swing in the various bars. Personally I would go -and have been many times with my two when they were young - to Austria but comparing the two countries, Morzine is a very good choice. Hope this helps,
Aneira
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
leftleg, Welcome to Snow Heads snowHead I've sent you a PM Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome to snowHeads leftleg.

A second vote for Morzine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
welcome to snowheads...why not.......chamonix! or even Argentiere.. hotel wise the Hotel Grand Montets is much nicer than the requirements you set out- but well worth it (no restaurant though) pool, great rooms friendly staff- big dog, right next to lifts

or Flegere wheer there seem to be soe great htels (Eden perhaps) again right next to the lift and friendly- and good.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy