Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 SWEET LUV OR TRU LUV ADVICE PLEASE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I learnt to ski in Banff earlier this year and been practising at the Chill Factor indoor "real" slope. I am smooth parallel skiing and just starting to carve with a little speed. I want to buy my own skis with a view to more practce and also to take to Banff again in Feb when hopefully I will be more proficient than I am now. Question is which one of the K2 to go for??? Are the Sweet Luv too much of a real beginner or the Tru Luv a bit too advanced for me at my stage.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks, Sue
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
moose2705, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Since you are still learning, and probably wont get to ski too many days each season, I would suggest you continue to rent for a while. that way you will be able to try out different skis, and can use skis more suitable to your level rather than buying a 'expert' ski which you can't handle yet.
It takes a few years of renting before you spend the same amount of money as buying skis if you do less than 10 days a season. By renting you get to skis the latest models, and don't have to worry about the maintenance (such as waxing,edging) and you don't have the hassles of transporting them (especially important if you are flying)
Buy Boots ! and nothing else for now.

of the two skis mentioned, the Sweet Luvs are more suitable for learning on, but the differences are minimal (basically how flexing the ski is)
you would do fine with either really, providing you really are skiing Parallel, which means keeping skis parallel ALL the way through a turn. especially at the start of a turn is where a lot of people fail.

you would be much better to rent, and once you get better, buy a fatter ski in the waist so you can ski off-piste as well as on. 72mm underfoot (sweet and true luvs) just doesn't cut it for skiing powder.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
moose2705, welcome

I don't know what the skis are like ..but I suggest that you feel the weight of a pr complete with bindings... as sometimes women are put off by the weight of some K2 skis...

Just a thought
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My GF (who sounds a similar level to you) has a pair of Tru Luvs and she loves them. They look nice too Very Happy

They're a couple of years old now - so designs may have changed slightly - but she hasn't mentioned any problems with the weight. But as JT says, its probably best to have a look/feel of them first.

No sure what the Sweet Luvs are like - but best to actually test them before you buy, then you can compare the two properly
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy