Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko - Off Piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone skied off piste in Bansko and if so what is the extent of the backcountry riding?. I've got the chance to do a cheapie trip out there but have zero interest in piste skiing. I am more than happy to hike to find the goods but just want to know if there is enough outside the ropes to keep me entertained for 3 or 4 days. Ta.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's ok if you don't mind getting a rip-off taxi back to the Gondola station.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its good apparantly......if there is plenty of snow ...and you dont mind a little hiking. But you can end up REALLY out of the way so buy a really good map or hire a giude for a couple of days, guiding is uber cheap so not a problem really.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ive heard you turn right when your looking up at the gondola to access it
im there in january so if the snow is decent enough hopefully i might spend all week over that side

might be worth hiring a guide over there to access the decent spots
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You basically end up in the wrong valley with no infrastructure out there at all. The 70Km of pisted skiing in Bansko is essentially one face of one mountain. If you head off over the left face of the Todorka as you look down it, you'll end up miles from the town or a lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There's loads of good off-piste but you need to ask the locals for the best routes or get a guide - George at freemountain.com is great.
You can also find some great stuff next door at Dobrinishte and with a couple of little hikes you ski off-piste back over to Bansko which is a good long run.
If you want any info, just pm.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is anyone hoping to ski off piste during 19-24 Feb?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
victoriac,

hi

dont think that email for george works. do you have another? or any other guides out there.

we are out early march and looking for a guide to show us the pow.

many thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy