Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair Ski Baggage Question

Poster: A snowHead
I want to fly to Girona from Blackpool but return to Manchester. I can do this with two single flights but what I can't find out is this - do I have to buy double for the baggage allowance for skis i.e £30 out and £30 back instead of a £30 return.

Does anyone have an answer to this as I can't find one on their website.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jumping Jack Flash, is everything not priced one-way on ryanair anyway?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, yes. It doesn't matter which airport you come back to - however much it is, it's per flight.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jumping Jack Flash, It's under Terms and Conditions on their site (£25 each way) to quote:

Quote:
Sporting or musical equipment including but not limited to large fishing rods, golf clubs, bicycles, scooters, fencing equipment, surfboards, bodyboards, snowboards and skis and large musical instruments including but not limited to harps, double bass and drums are inherently unsuitable for carriage by airlines operating fast turnarounds such as Ryanair. However these items may be carried in the hold of the aircraft in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance upon payment of an additional charge of £25/€30 per item, per one way flight via www.ryanair.com or £32/€40 per item, per one way flight at the airport or through a Ryanair call centre. Smaller musical items such as a guitar, cello, violin or viola which exceed our cabin baggage dimensions may be carried in the cabin if a seat for it has been reserved and the appropriate fare paid. There is no checked baggage allowance associated with the purchase of an extra seat.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sage, Thanks very much.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One slightly related question to this- would be grateful for any help

Am flying out with Ryanair to the Pyrenees for a shortish Christmas break and have decided to book for ski carriage on top of my 1 item of hold baggage but have balked at paying yet more supplement for an extra bag for my boots, especially since that doesn't increase my luggage allowance. It mentions anyway that ski carriage is inclusive of boots and poles.

Does this mean that I am allowed a boot bag in addition to my main bag and ski bag? Or are they real money grabbing pedants and only allow you to carry the skis, boots and poles together in one huge bag? Unfortunately my ski bag doesn't have the space to hold boots as well. I guess if they don't allow me to carry a boot bag I will have to pack one boot in the main bag and one in the hand luggage which is doable but a bit of a pain.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dr. Will, I think it means you can carry the boots in a separate bag
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's not clear how many bags it refers to - I have been trying to find out the specific details - also can anyone find a weight restriction on the ski carriage?

Quote:
...snowboards and skis ..... may be carried in the hold of the aircraft in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance upon payment of an additional discounted fee per item, per one way flight if booked online.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 16-11-08 20:08; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Can I bring my sports equipment or bike?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sporting equipment including but not limited to large fishing rods, golf clubs, bicycles, scooters, fencing equipment, surfboards, bodyboards, snowboards and skis and large musical instruments including but not limited to harps, double bass and drums are inherently unsuitable for carriage by airlines operating fast turnarounds such as Ryanair. However these items may be carried in the hold of the aircraft in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance upon payment of an additional discounted fee per item, per one way flight if booked online. If the item is not booked until arrival at the airport or through a Ryanair call centre the full fee will apply. (Click here for details)

Due to space restrictions, we recommend that all sports equipment is pre-booked online or through your local reservation centre, as not to do so may result in the item being refused carriage at the airport. If the fee is not paid at the time of booking or on your outbound it will be charged for on your return journey.

Trawled the website and no weight given anywhere?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="thefatcontroller"]
Quote:

I suspect all you will get is another 15Kg, but just a guess.

snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[quote="Sage"]
thefatcontroller wrote:
Quote:

snowHead

Easyjet give you an adiditional 12kg. I might assume ryaniar does the same assuming it gives you 20kilos nowadays for standard as 32kg is the safe limit for one bag.

Jan'07 went to Friedchicken with Ryanair - 1x backpak, 1x fully stuffed board bag, paid the extra for carriage c. 29 kilos no issues.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="bertie bassett"]
Sage wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
Quote:

snowHead

... assuming it gives you 20kilos nowadays for standard as 32kg is the safe limit for one bag.

Ryanair give 15Kg as standard.

snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Butterfly, it doesn't say anywhere on their website AFAIK. I got away with two snowboards and some extra clothes in my board bag last season when my suitcase was already close to the 15kg limit. I can't remember the last time my board bag was weighed by any airline when it comes to it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've flown Ryanair quite a few times for skiing (using them again in February and March). I usually put my ski boots in plastic carrier bags (separately), then I put them into my holdall on top of my clothes - meaning I am only taking one bag. I wear my ski jacket onto the plane. I've never had a problem.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You won't get away with putting boots in hand luggage anymore (airport security rules), so unless you want to stump up the £50 charge for taking a boot bag, you will have to put the boots in your main bag. However you should (hopefully) get away with wrapping some clothes around your skis and stuffing socks etc into any remaining spaces in your ski bag. The next trick is to put as much as possible into your hand luggage which has a 10kg allowance (but need to be careful with the dimensions of this). Hopefully this will free up enough space and weight allowance so you can put your boots in your main bag. Good luck !
snow report
Am considering getting something like the Dakine Low Roller ski bag which will take skis and boots and quite a lot more - just wondering how much more I could stuff in it before hitting a weight restriction!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy