Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Extras

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As part of my all but useless SCGB we get dicount with snow extras on Car hire, parking, hotel etc. I have used them several times, but was overcharged last time by Europcar at Geneva. I have been trying to sort this out since mid-January, and have twice been told the money was being refunded to my acoount, all to no avail. Anyone else had problems?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd post this on the Ski Club member only forum - Neil Britten (council member) has started a thread asking such questions which suggests he is taking an active interest so I think you may get some action there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup with Avis

Just contact your card provider and tell them the money taken was unauthorized and they will credit your account until it sorted.

I had to do this a couple of years back and in the end I had a credit for the whole amount not just the bit I was overcharged!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmm... I'm thinking about booking my car hire though SnowExtras, but am now having second thoughts having heard these horror stories...

Well, that and the fact their website never seems to work.

Are they ok, or are these cases of overcharging etc. typical?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It wasn't snowextras fault to be fair, it's just as I booked through them and paid the original bill to them, I rang them and asked them to sort it out. Unfortunately I think it is Europcar that are delaying the refund.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used Snowextras in the past and not had any problems. Having said that, I've just booked car parking at Stansted - Snowextras "discounted" price £31, BAA web price £31 (said to include £3 discount), both quotes for the same car park.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hired a van from sixt in kings X. first they charged me an xtra day then, when I got it refunded they dropped an accident damage charge on me 3wks after the fact. The fact that the damage 'came to light' 100miles from where I dropped it off meant they really had no arguement but still, too much hassle!

Part of ski club's reasoning for not providing a link to snowHeads was that it could consitute a recommendation for us making them liable for anything happening here rolling eyes
Surely, by that reasoning they would be more than happy to sort U out for your troubles?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use holiday autos for my bookings.
Also if you're a member of various organisations, like the Institute of Advanced Motorists, you get further discount with HA, and car parking discounts at the airports.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Damn - haven't taken my IAM test yet, WTFH. Another reason to get on with it!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and there's the discount off insurance...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Goddamn! I know several people who have past the IAM test. Seems like they all turn into Nigel Mansell after passing.
Wouldn't get into a car with them if it was New Years Eve...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
markP, I wrote off my car after one advanced lesson. It seems that diesel on the road is still diesel in the road, no matter how "advanced" you think you are!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy